Weaponsman won't be down for breakfast

I've read this guys site off and on for a few years. Just found out he was actually located in NH - and passed away from a massive heart attack:

http://weaponsman.com/?p=40501

I’m sorry to have to tell you all that my brother Kevin O’Brien, host of this blog, passed away peacefully this morning at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston.

Let me start with some housekeeping. First, the email address [email protected] remains active and you may get more and better updates there. I say this because frankly I’m having trouble posting here. I don’t know Kevin’s WordPress password and I’m afraid that if I restart his computer, I will not be able to post any more because the password will not autofill. Therefore I can’t guarantee I will be able to make more updates on the blog.

We are planning a celebration of Kevin’s life for all of his friends some time in early to mid-June, here in Seacoast NH. I will have details in a couple of days. All those who knew and loved Kevin, including all Weaponsman readers, are welcome, but we will need an RSVP. Again, I will make details available to those who write to [email protected]. This is not restricted to personal friends of Kevin, but space will be limited, and we will not be able to fit everyone. It will be a great opportunity to share memories of Kevin.

We will be looking for stories and pictures of Kevin! Please send to the email address.

I served with Kevin in the Army. The guy loved his old boat cars. Rest in Peace Brother.

I had been reading him online for a few years - really took me by surprise when I read this morning that he had passed.

RIP.

The post that his brother put up about his passing seems to indicate that the blog might come down. I'm hoping a solution can be found so at the very least all the information he put out there stays up for posterity.

It would be a shame for it all to just get taken down.

I knew I'd seen "Hognose" somewhere before. Just made the connection. Years ago I was a daily reader at aero-news.net where I always enjoyed Kevin O'Brien's writing. Small world.

RIP, Kevin. Gone too soon.

I send a PM as well. Browsers often have a feature to display cached passwords (not sure if it is true of every browser).

Back
Top Bottom