Weatherby Vanguard Sporter

Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? My son just moved to MO and would like to deer hunt, so I'm in the market for a rifle. Id like to get him a "classic" styled deer rifle, decent wood, blueing etc. I havent been in the market for a bolt gun in some time and was surprised to see how much Rem 700's and M70's have gone up, let alone trying to find a current production rifle that doesn't have plastic on it under $1,000.

In my searches the Weatherby Vanguard series seem to be plentiful, have nice wood, and meet all my requirements and are a decent price point.

Looking for one in .243 if that matters.

Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? My son just moved to MO and would like to deer hunt, so I'm in the market for a rifle. Id like to get him a "classic" styled deer rifle, decent wood, blueing etc. I havent been in the market for a bolt gun in some time and was surprised to see how much Rem 700's and M70's have gone up, let alone trying to find a current production rifle that doesn't have plastic on it under $1,000.

In my searches the Weatherby Vanguard series seem to be plentiful, have nice wood, and meet all my requirements and are a decent price point.

Looking for one in .243 if that matters.

I think those are the same rifle as the HOWA 1500, Brownells blows those barreled actions out cheap all the time. I got a 308 from them for like $200 on clearance.

I have nothing to do with this dealer or this gun, but this popped up and I figured I’d post it in case this was an option for you:

Back
Top Bottom