• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Web site that tracks left wing media FUD?

The PBS News Hour did a heavily slanted segment tonight (what else is new?) about crime surges in cities that just happen to be run by politicians that are just as liberal. Of course the "gun violence" was all the fault of the guns ...

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/caused-dramatic-tipping-point-deadly-shootings/

The police chiefs go on to spew ridiculous FUD as they make excuses for what is happening in their own cities (and of course, not much anywhere else ...)

So my question is this: Don't we have one or more web sites or blogs that are set up to do a rapid response to this sort of thing?

I just can't imagine not being able to answer crazy assertions like those below. And if they are remotely true, I wonder: Whose fault is it?

EDWARD FLYNN, Chief, Milwaukee Police Department:

"We have recently passed a ludicrously weak gun law that allowed basically concealed carry permits to be granted to people who meet the statutory definition of career criminals."

"We have also got a situation where no matter how many times you are arrested for carrying a gun illegally, it remains a misdemeanor, even though a second offense for carrying marijuana can be prosecuted as a felony."

COL. SAM DOTSON, Chief, St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department:

"We have a constitutional amendment in our state that was passed within the last year that makes it an inalienable right to have a gun. We have had courts that have declined to prosecute convicted felons that we arrest with guns. I’m seeing exactly the same thing, high-capacity magazines, a willingness to use the guns, and a judiciary that sometimes doesn’t follow through on the prosecution.

"We had research done from a university here. Of about 250 cases of unlawful use of a weapon, over 61 percent of those cases got probation. That means those people are right back out on the street committing crimes."

Back
Top Bottom