• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weird errors and double-posts

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Just posted something over at the PA liquor nonsense thread:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-PA-(as-are-group-buys)?p=4266706#post4266706

and ended up double-posted. Tried to edit, and got:
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

??

I had received the "message is too short" error earlier on trying to edit another previous post.

It has done so in IE, was just able to replicate in a brand-spanking-new Chrome session. Any idea?

No, as I have encountered the same issue. Usually it takes the edit okay, but other times I ended up with double posts. I haven't bothered to figure out the problem.

I've been experiencing the same issue lately, and judging by the number of posts I've seen from others showing the double post, I'd say this has been a common problem of late.

I can't seem to consistently duplicate any of the issues being reported which is making troubleshooting any of this incredibly difficult. I've been making a few changes here and there, but if people could continue to post details that would help.

Browser info, exact time, and links to posts will help me track down things in the logs.

Not all that helpful, but it's been a few days since getting the artifact safari iphone weirdness. Could just be coincidence.

New one: on posting (with photo) in the Merry Christmas thread, got:

Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 23 in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 481

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5700) in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4376

Looks like it posted anyway. Browser = IE11, Win7Pro.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-Christmas!!?p=4267257&viewfull=1#post4267257

New one: on posting (with photo) in the Merry Christmas thread, got:

Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 23 in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 481

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5700) in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4376

Looks like it posted anyway. Browser = IE11, Win7Pro.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-Christmas!!?p=4267257&viewfull=1#post4267257

Fix for this will be deployed on Sunday. You might have pointed me to the root of all the issues.

This should be resolved now... let me know if you continue to see this happen.

I'm getting this error. Only on Safari via my iPhone.

Fatal error: Xcache not installed in ..../includes/class_datastore.php on line 528

That should have only lasted for about 5 minutes a few hours ago... if you refresh you shouldn't be getting this anymore.

Back
Top Bottom