Weird mouse problem

kalash

NES Member
For some weird reason whenever I use the mouse wheel (between the two main buttons) to scroll on NES, it frequently stops working. I'll be scrolling and suddenly the page stops - I can still scroll using other methods but not the wheel; after a few seconds it works fine again. I've tested this on several other sites and this appears to be NES-specific, which is pretty bizarre. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yeah chrome extensions usually cause this kind of BS.... I use NES mostly from chrome and no problems with the wheel here... on PC and Mac versions...

-Mike

I've noticed this one myself, and I can't quite figure out what's causing it - whenever I try and narrow it down with the chrome profiler, I can't duplicate it.

All I have installed are AdBlock, Backspace to go back, and a few of the Google Docs products. I've had all of these for several years, I think.

I'm fairly certain I've narrowed this down to embedded media (youtube, etc.) - this was being dynamically loaded as you scrolled through the page in order to make the initial page load a little bit faster. I've changed the setting now so you might notice that slight pause in the beginning of loading a media-heavy page, but shouldn't notice it while scrolling through anymore.

I am getting this bad today. I am even getting the freezes while scrolling back to the top of a page.

I also had two instances where typing text froze on screen and then caught up with my keyboard input after a second (one was while typing this post).

Done speed and latency tests from my end and everything looked normal.

Yes using Chrome.

Edit: just went to a thread that contained no video content and it was freezing, bad.

Yeah, I'm not sure anymore honestly - I thought I had it narrowed down with the media threads, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Back
Top Bottom