• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

weirdest thing just happened today

every single day millions of tourists from all around the world come to America and in cities like orlando or Vegas particularly its a know fact that a hot thing to do is to go a gun range and shoot for fun since in other countries getting in contact with a gun and shooting it its not as easy as in here. when I was a tourist in America before getting my citizenship I did that myself, even after getting my papers I used to take friends who were visiting form other countries to the range to shoot for fun. today I took my mother 68yo to new Hampshire to shoot for the first time in her life she is here just visiting for the holidays and upon getting there I was informed by the counter clerk and the manager that my mom's Brazilian passport (literally the one sort of id accepted in every single country in the world) couldn't be accepted as a form of id for her and said that this was because of some sort of rule or law that came from the FBI, curious thing is that I've always took my friends to this same range and never had a problem.
has anyone ever heard of this?
what is this about?
it sounds rly weird to me so is that a new thing?

Just curious, does she have any other ID? Brazilain Driver's License? Something else she may use in Brazil for ID?

Thats BS. They should let her shoot. I have brought friends to an indoor range to shoot with nothing more than a License from their home state to show they were over 21

yes, they said they could only accept something from America or a passport from a country that had a waiver. According to then that order came from the FBI

I would have asked to see "that order" but I would bet you a beer that they could not/would not produce it.

Unrelated but in stupid Framingham some liquor stores require you to have a MA Id only… that one near the old Katherine Daniel nursing home/Perini was like that. I went in there to get a soda… and some poor kid they wouldn’t accept his NH license or Military ID.

In this case at the range it’s either A. Clueless employees or B. A firm rule in the range. It New Hampshire…

The range might’ve been referring to the list of countries in the visa waiver program. Like if you’re a tourist and your country’s not on the list then no pew pew. Didn’t think places actually cared though.

The range might’ve been referring to the list of countries in the visa waiver program. Like if you’re a tourist and your country’s not on the list then no pew pew. Didn’t think places actually cared though.
What does visa waiver got to do with shooting a rented gun in an indoor range ?

What does visa waiver got to do with shooting a rented gun in an indoor range ?
I think it’s something like tourists from countries not on the list technically aren’t allowed to possess firearms and a range might consider using a rental possession.

every single day millions of tourists from all around the world come to America and in cities like orlando or Vegas particularly its a know fact that a hot thing to do is to go a gun range and shoot for fun since in other countries getting in contact with a gun and shooting it its not as easy as in here. when I was a tourist in America before getting my citizenship I did that myself, even after getting my papers I used to take friends who were visiting form other countries to the range to shoot for fun. today I took my mother 68yo to new Hampshire to shoot for the first time in her life she is here just visiting for the holidays and upon getting there I was informed by the counter clerk and the manager that my mom's Brazilian passport (literally the one sort of id accepted in every single country in the world) couldn't be accepted as a form of id for her and said that this was because of some sort of rule or law that came from the FBI, curious thing is that I've always took my friends to this same range and never had a problem.
has anyone ever heard of this?
what is this about?
it sounds rly weird to me so is that a new thing?
It's a reason to go to a different range. Good luck, your mom deserves a shot (pun intended).

Unrelated but in stupid Framingham some liquor stores require you to have a MA Id only… that one near the old Katherine Daniel nursing home/Perini was like that. I went in there to get a soda… and some poor kid they wouldn’t accept his NH license or Military ID.

In this case at the range it’s either A. Clueless employees or B. A firm rule in the range. It New Hampshire…
THE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES CONTROL COMMISSION (“ABCC”) ADVISORY
MASSACHUSETTS IDENTIFICATION CARD AS ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF AGE FOR
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES PURCHASE
On July 30, 2012, the Governor approved Chapter 170 of the Acts of 2012 that amended M.G.L. c.138,
§34B1 . As a result, beginning October 29, 2012, alcoholic beverages licensees may reasonably rely on
the following forms of identification for proof of age:
1. A Massachusetts Driver’s License;
2. A Massachusetts Liquor Identification Card;
3. A Massachusetts Identification Card;
4. A Passport Issued by the United States or a government that is officially recognized by the
United States;
5. A Passport Card for a Passport issued by the United States; and
6. A Military Identification Card.

Nothing else holds water if you are nailed for selling to an under aged person showing any other form of ID

I do believe that there is a Fed law/reg on this that indeed does prohibit visitors from touching a gun in the US, unless they are one of the allowed exceptions.

I recall reading it once, long ago, but I don't have any readily accessible citation for it.

Wasn’t there a cop from Tewksbury that ran into trouble a couple of years ago for running a training school which catered to allowing “visitors” to shoot?

Back
Top Bottom