Well, I just found a new 9mm carry load

sometimes we like to forget just how good 9mm ammo has gotten, i carry 147 grain buff bore stuff in all my carry guns. The low recoil and high energy of the projectile is plenty, I know I don't wanna get hit by one!

Dom

Dom, where did you find Buffalo Bore? I can't find it anywhere. I need to get rid of the ZombieMax which I have been carrying. [laugh] Hate all you want , it is just Hornady critical defense ammo at its core.

Scott, I have not tested that ammo. But the 9mm really is the best all around carry round IMHO. Low recoil, very good stopping power, hi capacity- works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Sadly I'm from MA so that's a no go. I will ask my dealer if he can order this Underwood or Buffalo Bore. I love the 9mm even more after today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

This looks like good ammo but might be hard to come by.

I'm not switching anytime soon, I still have the better part of a 500 round loaf of RA9TA (Win Ranger 127 +P+) and Speer GDHP 124 +P left.

-Mike

i had a&j order it for me Al, i dropped some coin on it but its great stuff. wouldnt scoff at any of the black hills stuff either.

Im pickin up what you are puttin down mike, both of those loads are the real McCoy and are proven man stoppers. The Ranger stuff is legendary (used to be called Black Talons, correct?)

Dom

I'd love to have Black Talons. Those are excellent SD rounds. Outlawed ammo? You can count me in.

They're like 100$ a box now though haha.

Sent from my carbon covered iPhone

I'd love to have Black Talons. Those are excellent SD rounds. Outlawed ammo? You can count me in.

They're like 100$ a box now though haha.

Win Ranger-T (the T is for talon bullet) is the same thing but with a better, newer bullet and minus the noob price. Black talons are ancient history compared to the current T series.

Black Talons were never outlawed, they just stopped making them because Winchester didn't want to deal with the 'tards in the media regarding the coating on the bullets, etc, at the time, among other things.

-Mike

Win Ranger-T (the T is for talon bullet) is the same thing but with a better, newer bullet and minus the noob price. Black talons are ancient history compared to the current T series.

Black Talons were never outlawed, they just stopped making them because Winchester didn't want to deal with the 'tards in the media regarding the coating on the bullets, etc, at the time, among other things.

-Mike

Good to know, thanks. I will order a box of this and try it out.

C&F Guns in Middleboro usually tries to keep the Winchester Ranger line in stock. I have found Ranger in .380, 9mm in both 127gr.+p+ and 147gr., 40 S&W in both165gr. and 180 gr., and 45acp in 230 grain standard velocity as well as 230 gr. +p.

-Mike

I remember the controversy well on Black Talons and as I recall it was 2 fold.
First the round was considered "inhumane" as the "talon" or the way the bullet expanded caused "massive" internal trauma. The 2nd part was that ER doctors were reluctant to go probing the gun shot wounds as the expanded "talons" would slice their rubber/latex gloves and put them at a higher risk to contract AIDS and other blood born pathogens.

I remember the controversy well on Black Talons and as I recall it was 2 fold.
First the round was considered "inhumane" as the "talon" or the way the bullet expanded caused "massive" internal trauma. The 2nd part was that ER doctors were reluctant to go probing the gun shot wounds as the expanded "talons" would slice their rubber/latex gloves and put them at a higher risk to contract AIDS and other blood born pathogens.

Well, that was on the back end, and even some of that is mythical. The front end/retard level controversy was that a bunch of stupid people believed that the black coating that was on the copper jacket made it pierce body armor or some BS like that. Obviously anyone with a brain didn't believe it, but it was enough to get Winchester to change the looks and marketing of the product. The ranger-T series is otherwise better than it ever was.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom