Well it's happening.

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
I guess from this the NRA is going to close down
if we don't give them more money to fight the
closing. Whatever happened to send us money,
and we will send you a hat?mail.jpg

Legit question. What do you think would happen if the NRA was no more? Would that create room for a leaner, more focused lobby group or would that mean the end of powerful 2A lobby groups?

I've always been on the fence about donating to them. In one hand, I can see that having an organized and dedicated lobbyist for 2A rights makes sense. On the other, all the recent news about gross mismanagement of funds makes me think that donations aren't being spent as best they could to fight the good fight. I don't want to line a millionaire's pocket under the guise that he's doing everything he can for the cause when all he's doing is furthering his own.

Legit question. What do you think would happen if the NRA was no more? Would that create room for a leaner, more focused lobby group or would that mean the end of powerful 2A lobby groups?

I've always been on the fence about donating to them. In one hand, I can see that having an organized and dedicated lobbyist for 2A rights makes sense. On the other, all the recent news about gross mismanagement of funds makes me think that donations aren't being spent as best they could to fight the good fight. I don't want to line a millionaire's pocket under the guise that he's doing everything he can for the cause when all he's doing is furthering his own.

It would be bad for gunnies if the NRA were to no longer exist. For one thing, statutes sometimes defer to the NRA. For instance, in RI, the concealed carry shooting test is done under the supervision of an NRA instructor. Who would fill that void if the NRA leaves? The remaining state NRA affiliate? The cops? No one? Constitutional carry isn't coming to RI anytime soon so forget raising that argument. And what about all the classes the NRA runs? And competitions?

I personally think the NRA should downsize and slim down its spending rather than cease to exist.

They're going to have to make some major changes before I do that, but make no mistake, they're the only 2a lobby with any sort of significant power- their shutting down will be a significant nail in the gun rights coffin.

With 100,000,000 + gun owners with an average of 7-10 guns each, the 2A isn't going anywhere anytime soon without an all out shooting war on our own soil.

Pass all the unconstitutional laws you want congress, you are just setting yourselves and all your enforcers up for complete failure.

I guess from this the NRA is going to close down
if we don't give them more money to fight the
closing. Whatever happened to send us money,
and we will send you a hat?View attachment 282686
As a loyal NRA supporter, who has given thousands to the cause, I told them that North made the accusation, it can't be ignored. A full fiscal accounting must take place. Following that the fate of LaPierre and others should be clear. If there are issues yes his time would be up but I want to see the fiscal report first. In any event the NRA must go on until a more powerful organization can take their place and I'm not sure that is possible. We must really be mindful. I also joined G.O.A. this week so I'm NRA proud, G.O.A.L. and G.O.A. and a 2A Soldier, albeit an aging one.

As a loyal NRA supporter, who has given thousands to the cause, I told them that North made the accusation, it can't be ignored. A full fiscal accounting must take place. Following that the fate of LaPierre and others should be clear. If there are issues yes his time would be up but I want to see the fiscal report first. In any event the NRA must go on until a more powerful organization can take their place and I'm not sure that is possible. We must really be mindful. I also joined G.O.A. this week so I'm NRA proud, G.O.A.L. and G.O.A. and a 2A Soldier, albeit an aging one.

Good on you Harry

There is NO WAY the NRA is GOING OUT OF BUSINESS.
They just want to try some new marketing...

iu

There is NO WAY the NRA is GOING OUT OF BUSINESS.
They just want to try some new marketing...

This.

There is no way they are dying. Just like any other bloated, old company they need to go through a full re-org and come back as a leaner, more focused group. Yes and fire a few execs along the way.

Last edited:
I have gotten e-mails and calls....I told the caller that I shall not re-up or donate until this mess is figured out...the NRA is a must just not as currently configured.

I think until organizations like GOA or SAF have +5million members and the capability and will to wield that hammer in Washington (and states all across the country) we need the NRA. I'll send them money (again) but I also support those other organizations *and* I tell the NRA I am.

It'd be bad. Real bad. There is strength in #'s. 5mil members, or whatever it is, is a big deal come election time. It's nationally known and wields a big stick. An internal pissing contest isn't a reason to shut it down. Fix the problem, move on. Some folks just wanna watch the world burn and don't look at the unintended consequences.

My participation in NRA is single: I send them 10-20 fresh new members every 2 years during election time. It allows me to donate $250-500 and to get their #'s up. I read the magazine. I throw away all the other mail.

Same thing with political action groups. From the GOP on down. I contribute some to the various gun groups around election time. But nothing to groups that support candidates. I find candidates that need support and send them $. I don't need a cadre of middle-men taking my $ that could be used for the big W in a district.

Fear mongering is the basis for 95% of their ad campaigns.

Yes but this is a whole new level. I keep getting emails from them titled "shutdown notice". It's up to them whether they want to keep the org running or not.

It would be bad for gunnies if the NRA were to no longer exist. For one thing, statutes sometimes defer to the NRA. For instance, in RI, the concealed carry shooting test is done under the supervision of an NRA instructor. Who would fill that void if the NRA leaves? The remaining state NRA affiliate? The cops? No one? Constitutional carry isn't coming to RI anytime soon so forget raising that argument. And what about all the classes the NRA runs? And competitions?

I personally think the NRA should downsize and slim down its spending rather than cease to exist.

Maybe split into two? Educational arm with instructors, etc. And then the lobbiest political coat tails and bells arm. ?

Unfortunately most shooting clubs require you to be a member.

Back
Top Bottom