• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Went to Dean Safety at the mill

I have done business with both dean safety and maga arms and although they won’t sell me a shield or Taurus, they are willing to provide me weekly with a detailed list of their entire available inventory, which no other FFL will do

makes it really easy to see what they have, just call and ask for the list
Will they also tell you what the soup of the day is to help you decide if it’s worth the trip??? I mean, I ain’t driving 80 miles for Pea Soup...

It still blows my mind that so many regulars on this forum have an issue with the way an FFL conducts their privately owned businesses. Especially when they cite not being friendly and catering to new gun owners.

The same forum is that says HI MAURA and USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, as well as refusing to answer questions when newbies join and ask them.

I wanted to like your post, but it is just not relevant to the post you quoted. You gotta up your GIF game, man.

Go buy a 25 year old used glock 22 at 4 seasons for $850........ if you are a Massachusetts resident and have any problem with what Dean Safety does for legal Massachusetts firearms owners you are a clown and terribly ignorant.

Go buy a 25 year old used glock 22 at 4 seasons for $850........ if you are a Massachusetts resident and have any problem with what Dean Safety does for legal Massachusetts firearms owners you are a clown and terribly ignorant.

So to help you with your reading comprehension, I have REPEATEDLY said I have no problem with what Dean Safety does. Is that clear enough for you? And thank god i don't have to deal with MA gun stores.

C’mon you know you laughed a little inside. I’m just having fun, I don’t care what you like or don’t like, but you do make it too easy sometimes.

I laughed at the GIF, and wanted to like it. It just that the post of mine you quoted didn't indicate any triggering. The trick is to match the GIF exactly to the post, then it would be gold. I'll try harder to like your memes next time.

I laughed at the GIF, and wanted to like it. It just that the post of mine you quoted didn't indicate any triggering. The trick is to match the GIF exactly to the post, then it would be gold. I'll try harder to like your memes next time.

Ten four. I’ll be the first one to admit that my sense of humor is sometimes def mine alone, but I thought it fit pretty good. My humor is dry and can come across as snarky instead of light hearted fun.

Plus, I hate people, and this is a good way for me to practice interacting without getting arrested. ✌🏻🍻

This is just a continuation of the old "Gun Shop Culture". Fat old men sitting around the shop, thinking they know so much, belittling potential customers. I would assume they Do sell Glocks?????
View attachment 473985
Further proof that the Glock market is fragmenting.

Here is my secret:
Pro-tip: don't bring Egyptian Secret to a Froglube fight.

That sign has been like a blacklight at a crime scene as far as out’ing people. It’s beautiful.

Ten four. I’ll be the first one to admit that my sense of humor is sometimes def mine alone, but I thought it fit pretty good. My humor is dry and can come across as snarky instead of light hearted fun.

Plus, I hate people, and this is a good way for me to practice interacting without getting arrested. ✌🏻🍻
Do I detect a touch of Archie Bunker?

OK, who's trolling now? when did decrepit mill buildings become a "pretty shopping mall". LOL. Points for your delusion, though.
Um, It's called sarcasm. Are you going to pick on me now? If you do, I'm going to tell Cams on you. I'll tell One Eyed Jack too. Then you'll have to deal with Meaghan and she'll steal your food.

Last edited:
The Mill certainly has changed over the past year or so. I remember going there way pre-Covid. No lines, in fact if you went there on a weekday like I usually did (an advantage of being retired) the place was nearly empty. You'd go into Randy’s or one of the other shops and sit down and have a nice chat about guns and various things while leisurely filling out your 4473. No rush, no crowd just a laidback experience.

I think they (all the FFLs at the Mill) have done a remarkably good job in dealing with the chaos generated by Covid and the election. I’m sure Randy has the numbers, but seems to me the volume of business there must have increased by a factor of 10 or more.

I’ve always used the Mill as a source for things I can’t get from my local FFL. He (my local FFL) is a good guy and tries his best to keep his prices competitive with the Deli Emporium, but his volume just doesn’t permit him to match them most of the time. I’m willing to pay a bit more to support a local small business. Since his entire livelihood depends on his shop, he is not willing to “push the envelope” so I rely on the Mill for my more esoteric purchases or for things he just can’t get from his dealers since his volumes for certain things just aren’t high enough to get on his distributors preferred sellers lists.

Last time I was at the Mill was last year during the tax free weekend to pickup a PS90 from Randy (and before anyone asks why a MA inmate would want a PS90, it’s because I’ve decided I want a PCC for every pistol caliber that I own, of course then there is the question of why I own a FN FiveseveN). It was a very efficient experience, but much different from the good old days. Stand in line to get in the shop, grab a 4473 to fill out once you’re inside. Brief conversation with Randy about anything else he might have that I might like (he did, a SA EMP Champion Concealed Carry Contour in FDE) then out the door.

You just have to roll with the times.

I’m sure Randy has the numbers, but seems to me the volume of business there must have increased by a factor of 10 or more.

Since his entire livelihood depends on his shop, he is not willing to “push the envelope” so I rely on the Mill for my more esoteric purchases or for things he just can’t get from his dealers since his volumes for certain things just aren’t high enough to get on his distributors preferred sellers lists.

Not understanding what you are saying?
  • The mill business increased 10x. Spoiler alert: all gun related business has gone through the roof. The mill did nothing special.
  • You will only use the mill for stuff your FFL cannot get or his volume makes it unreasonably priced. Yet, you congratulate yourself for supporting you local FFL. These two statement (your words) are in direct contrast.
Even though I work 10 minutes from the mill, I am so happy that I am not even tempted to go there. Every story or testimonial that the mill-lovers posted have made it sound worse and worse. Maybe @MAGAArms is cooking up another marketing campaign!

Back
Top Bottom