• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Went to the Marlboro gun show today, and ...

Sort of a follow on to this thread.
Went to the Marlboro gun show today, and not sure I can afford this hobby.
Was hoping for a larger selection of cheaper weapons. Very little under $400, and almost nothing under $300. Oh well.

agree, the show was a rip...
top dollar for everything and a dealer interrupted a private sale to tell the seller not to sell my friend a used glock for $550 because he "could get $750-800 for it all day"... so not only were the dealers ripping their customers off but they were trying to get people to rip eachother off!
one guy was selling sealed bags of lake city 5.56 for 1.25/round. [crying]

Sort of a follow on to this thread.
Went to the Marlboro gun show today, and not sure I can afford this hobby.
Was hoping for a larger selection of cheaper weapons. Very little under $400, and almost nothing under $300. Oh well.

You definition of "weapons" should change. Anything milsurp is cheap. For $200 we can outfit you with a ****ing Mosin rifle and a Nagant revolver as your sidearm. Millions dead can't be wrong ... and shit you got at least a hundred bucks to spend on ammo! In case you ran out ammo, Mosin has two more ways "to kill enemy" - the bayonet and the buttstock. Practice those while you save for more ammo.

Seriously ... I can find a shitload of awesome things to buy for under $300, but these shows suck, especially now.

I personally saw 3 almost-fights...

The last one was between 2 vendors because one guy went to the snack bar, bought the other guy his hot dog and - the cause of the verbal oral sex exchange - forgot the damn ketchup (because catsup eaters are too classy to call another guy stoopid for not bringing some)...

WTF is wrong with people? Really!? Ketchup is your big complaint you lazy fawk? Yeah, I'ma shop anywhere else but your booth.

I personally saw 3 almost-fights...

The last one was between 2 vendors because one guy went to the snack bar, bought the other guy his hot dog and - the cause of the verbal oral sex exchange - forgot the damn ketchup (because catsup eaters are too classy to call another guy stoopid for not bringing some)...

WTF is wrong with people? Really!? Ketchup is your big complaint you lazy fawk? Yeah, I'ma shop anywhere else but your booth.

That's understandable. Ketchup doesnt belong on a hot dog.

I went on Sat. afternoon. I saw a Walther 9mm I was going to buy but wanted to see the rest of the displays to make sure it was my best option. When I went back it was sold. You snooze, you lose. I expected a little more inventory but I guess everything is selling out quick because of the potential changes in gun laws. I thought the ammunition prices were high. Its crazy how much AR's are going versus a year ago. Overall, I was entertained but expected to see a little but more.

I'm all for that, just like the Belgians...

IMO, Belgium is a fine counry. Great beer, good food, FN Herstal.

Anyway, to the OP, going really cheap is a false economy with firearms. If you buy a $400 gun you'll soon want to sell it to get a $600 gun, and so on. Buy once, cry once.

Next you'll tell me you like to slather it in mayo too...yikes...!!!

Now you've gone too far. I like Ketchup, mustard, onions & relish. You know what? Today, I am going to Murph's for lunch. YUM!

Onions too

Yup.

- - - Updated - - -

In all seriousness, back on topic....

Ketchup really does NOT belong on hot dogs. [smile]

Oh it absolutely does. Along with the 3 things listed above.

Yep, saw that too. Guy 1 from a neighboring table brings Jerk 1 a hotdog. Jerk 1 gets upset (seriously) because Guy 1 didn't bring ketchup. Everyone in the immediate area was dumbfound. Guy 1 goes back and gets two handfuls of condiments and dumps them on the table.

Otherwise, zero bargains that I could find. An old but high condition Shiloh for crazy money. 1895Gs for crazy money. Tombstone had some .22s at full retail but ok prices. Dick and Craig must get their prices so more power to 'em i guess.

I would add that compared to previous shows, there were quite a few attractive womenses at this one [wink], which is always good for people watching and good for our sport.

That's understandable. Ketchup doesnt belong on a hot dog.

Please. CHILI belongs on a hot dog.

You put Lox on your hot dog too?

No, I put lox on a bagel.

I would add that compared to previous shows, there were quite a few attractive womenses at this one [wink], which is always good for people watching and good for our sport.

Had a nice chat with a SYT named Heather - very pretty blonde 22 year old - who was lamenting that she couldn't find a conservative boyfriend who likes to shoot. I told her to log onto NES and step back to avoid the flood of drool. Seriously - she was cute. Her friend was, too.

Also went to the show yesterday. I have to agree on the good looking ladies thing. Honestly, could care less about the ongoing hotdog/ketchup debate. I did see lots of .223 ammo going for $18 for 20rds or $475 for 500rds, crazy. There was also stock AR 15 type rifles in the box at one booth going around $1,500. Think the craze for really high prices on them is starting to fade. Picked up my son's M&P 15 last Wednesday from my LGS for $699. I know he could have sold it for a lot more but he is a honest guy who had taken my deposit a couple weeks ago. Paid less than half for what most have been paying. Primers for reloading were not that high either @ $34 per 1k. Been paying $38-40 locally. Picked up a couple of like new reloading presses for half of what they're selling for on Ebay. Might just put them on there and make a few dollars. Some deals were there, just not in the usual places. Lots of people, long line for tickets, and a long walk for the people who had to park further up the road at the hotel. They made a lot of money @ $12 per person.

Back
Top Bottom