• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

West Lebanon, NH this weekend

This will be my first gun show not counting the one I went to twenty years ago with my father.

Just wondering what to expect. Any tips? Etiquette?

Things I'm looking for:

AR lowers
FAL/G3 type rifle
ammo

Are these things awkward haggle fests or usually pretty straight forward cash or credit type deals?

I have never been to the West Lebanon show but, expect it to be packed. I wouldn't haggle to much unless you see someone price gouging. The one thing I can't stand about gun shows are the "tire kickers" walking around to every single table low balling dealers and wasting everyones time. If you find something you want, I think it's ok to make a resonable offer. Everything I've ever bought at gun shows was very straight forward, just like shopping in a store. Many dealers will do credit card transactions on the spot too.

Nice to see another member from Laconia. Where do you normally shoot?

West Leb will probably be a DiPrete show. Usually smallish, but, you never know.

If you're still looking the winter, there will almost certainly be West Leb and White River Jct shows on Feb 21/22. The WRJ show will have the folks from John's Gun Shop (Morrisville, VT) there, they usually have ammo and AR's and such (AK's and SKS's too). Their deals aren't bad.

I've been going to Pemi in Holderness. I'm pretty new to the state so any suggestions you may have with regards to clubs, ranges or shops would be welcome.

This is a club I'd like to join soon http://www.sunsetmountain.org/ . I guess it's pretty nice and, it's alittle closer than Pemi. I don't know if you've been to belmont firearms on 106 but, they are real nice guys, the indoor range is good and, Bob's prices are right. The Ammo Dump in Farmington usually has some pretty neat stuff. Also, I see a place called Skips gun shop advertise a lot but I've never been there.

I'll have to check that club out sometime. I'd really like one of these nearby clubs to host IDPA matches.

I haven't been to the shop on 106 yet. I went once on my day off, Monday, to find out they were closed Mondays. Oh well.

I've been to Skips plenty of times. They were very helpful and bent themselves over backwards to help me out on one occasion.

Abes in New Hampton is another one I've stopped into once but it was during a show in Manchester and all of their inventory was at the show. Most of my time is spent in the Bristol/Meredith/Holderness area.

I too am a member of PF&G and Belmont Firearms. Been to Skip's numerous times. I'm in the Tilton/Northfield area. I just got back from Belmont an hour ago. Bob and Dave are superb! Bob was lamenting over the fact that he can't get any ARs to sell. Sales are booming! I have purchased all but two handguns from them/MFL over the years.

Damn, so many of you guys live so close to West Leb/WRJ, and I've few if any of you.

Here's Green Mountain's Show Schedule.

Jan 17-18 Burlington Holiday Inn, 1068 Williston Rd, S.Burlington (05403 )

Feb 21-22 American Legion# 26 , 129 S.Main ST ,White River Jct. (05001)

Mar 28-29 Vermont Armory, 15 West St, Rutland ( 05701)

April 25-26 TBA

August 29-30 Fenton Arena, 145 College Rd, Lyndon CTR (05850)

Sept 19-20 American Legion#26 , 129 S.Main ST. White River Jct. (05001)

Sept 26-27 American Legion # 67, Rt 103 South, Chester (05143)

I too am a member of PF&G and Belmont Firearms. Been to Skip's numerous times. I'm in the Tilton/Northfield area. I just got back from Belmont an hour ago. Bob and Dave are superb! Bob was lamenting over the fact that he can't get any ARs to sell. Sales are booming! I have purchased all but two handguns from them/MFL over the years.

Lol, I think I just missed you at Belmont today. Did you have a PSL or SVD on consignment? If so, shoot me an PM, that's what I've been in the market for.

Last edited:
I was wondering about this show. Is it worth going? I don't need any more ammo and about all I might want to buy is a couple of parts and maybe any nice bolt action that catches my eye.

If I don't do that, I'd be at the range and also heading up to Cabela's to figure out how to spend $300 in gift cards (on guns of course).

I went to this show a couple years ago and I think there was like 20 tables and that was it! The ad says 120 6' tables but that room is so small I don't think you could fit 60 tables.

Last edited:
The show is small 60ish tables spread out over two rooms but I always walk out with a few toys. It's worth the drive from Bristol. If you see a fat guy with glasses talking <taking verbal abuse> to Don Valenta say hello!
Dave

Not really worth the trip this time...crazy prices..grumpy dealers..grumpy people.If I didnt enjoy going with friends I would almost pass this up if I had to go alone.

I went..prices where high as expected....but I did talk to some nice folks so that made it worth the short trip (about 10 miles). So a couple of M1 Garands I might have been interested in but the prices where higher than CMP and I didn't really know what I would be buying so I passed.
The nice thing was it was crowded at least when I was there...nice to see gun ownership is a live and well

...nice to see gun ownership is a live and well

I was looking at a handgun for the GF and made a few passes while thinking about it and looking around. I noticed this patchouli stinking hippie couple looking at it and thought how funny would it be if these hippies left here with a gun. I figured the only reason they were there was for some ironic value or to give a hard time to hunters for hurting the poor animals or something.

Well, they did. They bought it up and left.

The hippie stereotype I have been holding for all my life has been shattered and I glad for it.

Also, I saw a Romanian WASR for $800 [rofl]

A nice day for a drive at least.

Back
Top Bottom