• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

West Springfield Gun Show

I'd also recommend trying to hookup with a few fellow NES members. I'm sure many of us would not have a problem meeting you at a range and letting you shoot our guns, that way you can feel the recoil of different guns with different calibers and figure out what you're most comfortable with.

With that said, my 1911 fits my hand just as well as my M&P 9mm did. The M&P has interchangeable back straps to fit a large variety of hand sizes (I have small hands), however I shot my 1911 much better consistently, so I sold the M&P. In all honesty, the M&P also had more recoil regardless of the smaller caliber (9mm vs 45), so don't limit your choices based on caliber alone. You really have to not only look at and hold but also fire MANY guns. The M&P was my first handgun, and if I knew what I know now my first gun would have been the 1911 or a Sig P220. My 2 cents.

I've never had to do this since I get all my stuff sent in from online sources, well most stuff, but if I see something like ammo at the gun show, can I buy since I'm from CT.? Or am I banned from purchasing since I don't have one of Martha's secret cards.

I've never had to do this since I get all my stuff sent in from online sources, well most stuff, but if I see something like ammo at the gun show, can I buy since I'm from CT.? Or am I banned from purchasing since I don't have one of Martha's secret cards.

Non-residents cannot buy ammo in MA under any circumstances - even if you do have a non-res LTC. Sorry. Spend your hard earned money in a more enlightened state.

Since I live in West Springfield, I think I can make it..... :) We were going to Wilmington last week, but decided WS makes more sense.. If anyone wants to hook up... Anyone coming from the east, drives right by S&W manufacturing on rt291, then the next exit is for S&W Retail\Range Store.. My shop is right around the corner from the Big E..

I will be working this show[sad]. I am sorry to say a once great show which took a good full day to look at everything that folks had for sale now takes less than an hour. It is more like a flea market than a gun show IMO. The cost of parking and admission is a killer. I would highly suggest you skip eating anything at the show and go down the street to Hooters.

Also if anybody is looking for like new Chinese SKS slings please stop by. I also have a zillion of the PPSH slings. Leather strap with buckle on each end like a belt buckle and canvas sling material.

Also anybody need G3 pre ban, dated on the mag, please see me. Any NES member who can prove they are a NES member, you know secret handshake, name tag, tee shirt etc. I will donate a % of the sale cost to Comm2A. This will be out of my pocket and not from the money made from the sale. That way my boss doesn't lose anything and we gain.

Please ask for Fred ( AKA 50BMG) when you come to the table. I will be working at the Stoney Acre tables...please stop by if only to shoot the breeze.

My goal is to donate $50, if not more, to Comm2A by the end of the weekend.

As to the quality of the slings ask SKS Ray, I found him a Bulgarian sling out of the pile, or I should say he found it. I had no clue , but then you all know that.

If I happen to be taking a nap due to the lack of sales just yell "incoming", I will wake up[laugh]

But my suggestion is.....go to Hooters. It will make you feel much better.[wink]

Last edited:

Take a nice road trip and go to one of the New Hampshire shows. NO SALES TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I live in West Springfield, I think I can make it..... :) We were going to Wilmington last week, but decided WS makes more sense.. If anyone wants to hook up... Anyone coming from the east, drives right by S&W manufacturing on rt291, then the next exit is for S&W Retail\Range Store.. My shop is right around the corner from the Big E..

What kinda shop??? gun shop?

What kinda shop??? gun shop?

I wish... although most would think it was with all the guns floating around.... it's an auto repair, performance shop. Lots of souped up turbo cars, mainly the old Buick Grand Nationals.. street\strip cars.. kinda like this... this is my car up at New england Dragway

-ActionRacingPhotos-wwwactionracing.jpg

So if I am not from MA I cannot buy ammo at the show? I am mainly going because I am interested in some Maxpedition gear and I know a dealer who is from MA who sells it will be there, but now that makes me wonder if I can't but ammo can I buy a knife? This same dealer also has a good selection of knives from several manufacturers but if I can't buy one maybe I will pass on this show, anyone?

So if I am not from MA I cannot buy ammo at the show? I am mainly going because I am interested in some Maxpedition gear and I know a dealer who is from MA who sells it will be there, but now that makes me wonder if I can't but ammo can I buy a knife? This same dealer also has a good selection of knives from several manufacturers but if I can't buy one maybe I will pass on this show, anyone?

shouldn't be a problem buying knives, I don't know of any restrictions.

You can buy knives no problem. It's ammo you need to be a resident to buy.

I will be working this show[sad]. I am sorry to say a once great show which took a good full day to look at everything that folks had for sale now takes less than an hour. It is more like a flea market than a gun show IMO. The cost of parking and admission is a killer. I would highly suggest you skip eating anything at the show and go down the street to Hooters.

Also if anybody is looking for like new Chinese SKS slings please stop by. I also have a zillion of the PPSH slings. Leather strap with buckle on each end like a belt buckle and canvas sling material.

Also anybody need G3 pre ban, dated on the mag, please see me. Any NES member who can prove they are a NES member, you know secret handshake, name tag, tee shirt etc. I will donate a % of the sale cost to Comm2A. This will be out of my pocket and not from the money made from the sale. That way my boss doesn't lose anything and we gain.

Please ask for Fred ( AKA 50BMG) when you come to the table. I will be working at the Stoney Acre tables...please stop by if only to shoot the breeze.

My goal is to donate $50, if not more, to Comm2A by the end of the weekend.

As to the quality of the slings ask SKS Ray, I found him a Bulgarian sling out of the pile, or I should say he found it. I had no clue , but then you all know that.

If I happen to be taking a nap due to the lack of sales just yell "incoming", I will wake up[laugh]

But my suggestion is.....go to Hooters. It will make you feel much better.[wink]

Always a good time talking with you! Perhaps you can use this show as a rest from when I saw you guys in Wilmington? It was nuts for a bit there! Haha

why would you want to buy ammo in ma? typically more expensive than ct. i went to cabellas in ct and couldnt believe the prices there. they were having a sale and the prices were best ive seen in a retail location. also, if you live in ct you can order bulk from most online companies that wont ship to ma. this "show" is more like a firearms flea market. no manufacturers there and many dealers just trying to get top dollar for their products. you would think these dealers have never heard of the internet tho. i'd rather support local businesses than websites but many of the products are priced over list and can be found for considerably less online. i like to go walk around and have come across a few good deals but of the 20 shows ive gone to, only purchased one gun from them (and i overpaid for something i was sick of waiting for). there is usually a good knife selection there so if you are bored and its not too far than its worth the $15 as long as you keep your expectations reasonable. good luck

i will be roaming around there tomorrow morning i will have a leather jacket and a camo b'ball cap with different pins on it.

I'll be weaseling my way in volunteering @ the GOAL booth Sunday afternoon. Hopefully the place isn't completely cleared out by then.

I was hoping to hit this show but no one from my area is going and I just don't feel like making the long trek to Springfield solo. I mainly wanted to buy some stuff from the over caffeinated guy that sells AR an AK accessories. All he had at Wilmington was AR stuff.

I was hoping to hit this show but no one from my area is going and I just don't feel like making the long trek to Springfield solo. I mainly wanted to buy some stuff from the over caffeinated guy that sells AR an AK accessories. All he had at Wilmington was AR stuff.

I know exactly who you are talking about.. I bought a few things again today from him.. was looking at his AK allen head bolt kit and an AK book.. looks like I'm getting SK-AK fever.. he was just as jumpy as you remember... If you want something I can go back, I live 10 minutes from the show.... We just left, I sold a old Jap gun out of my trunk for a grand... the way the guy was shaking while counting out the money.. I knew I should have asked for more... :)

Well, just got back from the show and was a bit impressed. VERY crowded, much more than I recall for a while. Still only about 60% of the hall was used but the aisles were crowded in most spots, sometimes to the point where you copuld not pass. Got there about 11am, ran into a friend who gets there right at the start. He said that at a little past 9am the line was around the building. Prices were okay, I was looking for a few specific items so didn't really make accurate notes. The only thing I found that I had on my must-buy list was a Colt .22lr magazine for a 1911 ACE conversion. $35. The same guy had two more that he said were original Colt ACE mags. At $60 each I passed on those. Also saw lots of AR 30-round mags, many under $25 and in good shape.

Also ran into Dwarven1 and Crak at thge Appleseed booth. Spent some time chatting with them. Also met an impressive youg man (teen-ager type) who, a year ago had never held a firearm and had learned and worked his way up to being an instructor. Very well-spoken and was a good representative of the Appleseed organization.

Also saw a Colt Series 70 I thought about buying. A very good price but it was zip-tied shot and I could not get hold of the seller, he had people 5 deep IIRC waiting to talk to him. Might have to count my pennies tonight and go back tomorrow.

I know exactly who you are talking about.. I bought a few things again today from him.. was looking at his AK allen head bolt kit and an AK book.. looks like I'm getting SK-AK fever.. he was just as jumpy as you remember... If you want something I can go back, I live 10 minutes from the show

Did he have any AK vented gas tubes?

Back
Top Bottom