• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

West Springfield Gun show

showmofffarm1

NES Member
What can anyone tell me about the West Springield gun show coming up next weekend? Can we get decent prices on ammo, such as 9MM or .380? Or would it be a waste of time, considering we have to pay to get in??

9mm ammo is hard to cone by anywhere atm. Don't forget you have to pay for parking and entrance. Show usually isn't to bad. But if your looking just for ammo deals might not be worth it.

Waste of time. Selection will be better than your average gun shop, but you'll pay for it. Admission + parking just to get in. Expect a hefty markup on everything. And it's going to be crowded.

I'm done with shows for a while.

Springfield is unique . . . Big E won't allow any ammo in their buildings, so they put up a tent usually only big enough for 1 vendor (angry Steve from NY) and IIRC a component vendor. With no competition, Steve tends to gouge on a good day. $5 (if it hasn't gone up in past few years) to park + $11 (with discount coupon, $12 without) per person entry fee.

The gun show is fun, and I'd be going if I didn't have my military drill weekend during that time [crying] That being said, ammo is extremely scarce there. I usually go for the jerky and old military memorabilia. My future father-in-law picked up a Henry Golden Boy .22 there some years back, and he swears it's the best purchase he's made to this day.

All inconsistent ramblings aside, if you're going for ammo, you'd do better to check out the local shops in the area. "Guns Inc" and "Guns and Gear" are all within a 10 minute drive of the show, traffic not withstanding. There's also a Dick's Sporting Goods further from the West Springfield/Agawam line.

There's a pretty decent chance of you being able to find magazines so long as you can beat the crowds, and you're willing to pay extra. Unfortunately, it's a hard time to be frugal with the current climate.

The gun show is fun, and I'd be going if I didn't have my military drill weekend during that time [crying] That being said, ammo is extremely scarce there. I usually go for the jerky and old military memorabilia. My future father-in-law picked up a Henry Golden Boy .22 there some years back, and he swears it's the best purchase he's made to this day.

All inconsistent ramblings aside, if you're going for ammo, you'd do better to check out the local shops in the area. "Guns Inc" and "Guns and Gear" are all within a 10 minute drive of the show, traffic not withstanding. There's also a Dick's Sporting Goods further from the West Springfield/Agawam line.
OMG so full of fail Dicks[puke]Guns inc[puke]Gun show jerky[puke]

i wouldn't even step foot in that goddamned ammo tent.

but it's a nice ( for mass ) pretty big show, and you can score a deal sometimes. but there ARE lots of serious gougers / scammers in that mess of tables as well.

I live in Westrn MA but I can't see paying all that just to look for ammo. Nothing like it was in the 90's, and I can't see it comming back. I think the whole panic buying is slowing down, I saw mags on ebay comming down in price. Even the ones called 10 rds +10 even showing the tape measure to prove it.

Don't forget the best kept secret gun shop around - Auto Sport in Agawam. Easy to miss and he doesn't advertise. I don't think he sets a table at the gun show, so you may want to see him before you hit the show.

It's hard to find any deals these days unless you get lucky. I have skipped the last three local shows. I may go to this one just for fun. 9mm ball ammo is tough to find right now. I'm also having trouble getting 38 spl and 22. bill

I usually go to this show because different vendors show up than what are usually at Marlboro, Wilmington, and Plymouth. I've had good luck finding accessories, magazines, etc. But the ammo selection does suck with it being one major dealer.

I'd be going but no one from my area is up for the almost 2hr ride so I'll be skipping it.

Guns Inc doesn't have any ammo, or much of anything else on the shelves. I feel sorta bad for the guy who bought the place, doubled the size of the store, and finished the remodel just in time for a shortage on EVERTHING he might want to stock. I did see one box of .45 hollow points for $54 bucks. Probably still sitting there.

Back
Top Bottom