• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

West Springfield Gun show

Yea, its a long drive for me.... I may still come since this is the last show for a few months.

But I didn't say that stops me from going. Very few times have I gone to a show and come up empty. There's usually some deal to be had if you look hard enough.

Can I, as a CT resident, with a pistol permit here buy a long gun at that show in Mass?

no but im sure you can have it transferred to a FFL in ct for a nominal fee

id just buy in ct

this show will be like the rest, overpriced guns and only one ammo seller who will probably be charging full retard prices.

Yea, its a long drive for me.... I may still come since this is the last show for a few months.

Long drive for me, too... nearly 8 minutes!!
[smile]

It usually is the same old crap.... but I suppose if I'm bored saturday or sunday it's worth wandering through for a couple hours. Every now and again I have found a good deal.

If you like "old iron" (C&Rs) and a display or two of WWI/WWII trophies this can be an interesting show to go to.

I'm not about to make that drive, but as a C&R FFL, this is the one show/year in Springfield that I always found interesting regardless of whether I ever bought anything or not.

no but im sure you can have it transferred to a FFL in ct for a nominal fee

There will likely be at least one CT FFL on site and they can probably do the transfer and sell it to you right at the show. I have seen people do this in the past without too much hassle depending on how busy/what mood the CT FFL is in.

There will likely be at least one CT FFL on site and they can probably do the transfer and sell it to you right at the show. I have seen people do this in the past without too much hassle depending on how busy/what mood the CT FFL is in.

Not legally he can't! BATFE only allows dealers to sell at shows in the state they hold the FFL in, so legally speaking the CT FFL would have to bring the gun back to his shop to complete the sale.

No way am I going to tell you that what you propose isn't done at gun shows (I've witnessed it myself), but if they get caught the Feds can nail them.

Interesting. I did not know that! Thanks for the info. I always thought that as long as the FFL was from the same state as the purchaser it was all good. I really need to take one of your classes.

Interesting. I did not know that! Thanks for the info. I always thought that as long as the FFL was from the same state as the purchaser it was all good. I really need to take one of your classes.

Well, check out the dates on my website (in sig below) and pick one.

Anyone have opinions on saturday or sunday being the "better" day to go?

I've always seemed to have had better luck on sundays....

Anyone have opinions on saturday or sunday being the "better" day to go?

I've always seemed to have had better luck on sundays....

Cuts both ways.

If you get there first thing there may be some one of a kind bargains to be had. Don't know how many times I said after looking at a bargain: "I'll make one pass through the show and come back and buy it" and when I went back it was gone.

On the other hand on the last day, sellers are more apt to negotiate if an item has not moved.

Have had winners both ways, however the best deals were had on day 1, the down side is waiting in line.

Guns Inc doesn't have any ammo, or much of anything else on the shelves. I feel sorta bad for the guy who bought the place, doubled the size of the store, and finished the remodel just in time for a shortage on EVERTHING he might want to stock. I did see one box of .45 hollow points for $54 bucks. Probably still sitting there.

Guns inc sucks because of the customer service. Everyone there has an attitude problem. I dont feel bad for the new owner at all, i feel bad for all the people who go in there for bad customer service and to get scammed.

I drove 138 miles each way - Saw Fred White - Terry - (Bought a few)- one -Ronald Baudette- (bought a few) total time in there 45 1 hour!! that was all I could stand -

Drove another 138 miles home-

The only good thing no traffic coming or going and on police - the VIPER had a good DAY!!

Fred

Worked the show. It was small a great deal of flea market crap and as usual the promoter would not open the large doors so by 1 p.m. It was 100 degrees in there. Saw SKSRay and Fred L and a few other NESers . I picked up a 1928 ex dragoon all matching non import from an older guy who asked if I wanted to buy it. Original blue finish and original stock finish. He only wanted 75 bucks so it came home with me :)

I picked up a 1928 ex dragoon all matching non import from an older guy who asked if I wanted to buy it. Original blue finish and original stock finish. He only wanted 75 bucks so it came home with me :)

Fred - great score, but you suck! $75 bucks? Did you step into a time machine and go back six years or so? Post some pictures.

Wait a minute - weren't you getting out of the milsurp biz?

I haven't been to a Springfield show in a few years - for all the reasons listed here. I'll stick to the ones along 495 and in New Hampshire, thank you.

Fred - great score, but you suck! $75 bucks? Did you step into a time machine and go back six years or so? Post some pictures.

I haven't been to a Springfield show in a few years - for all the reasons listed here. I'll stick to the ones along 495 and in New Hampshire, thank you.

Here is one of the receiver, nice deep markings

- - - Updated - - -

Here is one of the receiver, nice deep markings and its a 1925 not 1928, getting old I guess, no...I am old[laugh]

Attachments

• 1925mosin.jpg
    1925mosin.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom