West Springfield Ma Gun Show

Still shrinking. About 90% the size of the last show. Short line at the opening (Got through the door at 9:02 after showing up at 8:45. The parking was strange (due to an auto show that I did not see?) Ammo guy is now inside. Disappointing

Heading there tomorrow AM with my father. I always proceed with low expectations. It’s more or less time out with the old man.

Ugh I remember getting there early with 100-200 people already in line. Might go tomorrow.

Never thought that I would say so, but this might have been my last Springfield gun show.
The half mile walk from parking about did me in.

Jack

I was there yesterday....yes much smaller but did get a couple of good deals. Two Bianchi Cobra (used) slings , $10.00 for both. I saw a beautiful Ruger Model 77 (early model) in .220 Swift. Such a beautiful rifle...not a mark on it....for $600. I had a hunch I could of walked out with it for $500! The jerky is always good and bought 3 bottles of BBQ sauce. I also got 3 each lawn signs for McMahon and Diehl and gave a $10.00 donation!

Anybody heading to the show this weekend? March 9th and 10th. I have not been in a while, might go for a couple hours to see if anyone has a 686, and they have some cool stuff to look at occasionally.

Anybody heading to the show this weekend? March 9th and 10th. I have not been in a while, might go for a couple hours to see if anyone has a 686, and they have some cool stuff to look at occasionally.

Check out the recent show threads. They’re all a joke.
Go to shooting supply. I believe he has a pre lock ported 686 in stock.

I'll be going on Sunday. It's certainly nothing like the show of the 90's. I found many good deals back then, usually while waiting in line outside. One year I picked up a Browning Belgium 22 from some kid who's father gave it to him but he wanted a rifle that would take a scope, like a 10/22. I think I gave him $100. This happened while waiting outside in line for an hour.
Once inside I sold it for $225 to a collector, bought a Remington 513-T from a dealer for $160 and went to the ammo tent for Eley target ammo.
That just doesn't happen any more.

Back
Top Bottom