• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

West Springfield this weekend (29 & 30)

Billed as special show for the Winchester Arms Collectors Assn.

That means that they will have tons of Winchester lever action guns from late 1800s-early 2000s most with price tags of 4 or 5 figures (no decimal point). Great to look at and for gun historians.

Busier than Last Year - No Great Bargains That I Could See

One of my friends compared attendance and tables to last years show (which I couldn't get to) and said it was about 'twice as many people'. It is the same show as I have seen in past years, a goodly selection of anything from antique flintlocks to Garands, parts and magazines, books and Old West and WW2 material.

Big sign at ticket booth that Mass AG has outlawed sale of AK-47s and AR-15s. Inside there were a number of dealer with 'pre-ban' Glock, M1A, AR-15, etc. magazines. There were also several dealers selling complete uppers and a AR parts, but no complete ARs (other than a couple of what I think were .22s).

I didn't have time to visit the ammo area outside. My overall impression of prices is that they were gun show standard, slightly to very much higher than I can see at LGSs in many, but not all cases.

the show didn't appear crowded, which I had expected. I did see that a new Ruger 1911 model in 9 mm was at a couple dealers new to the Mass list of guns for sale. I couldn't resist, will have to take it too the range this week.

Thinking about going to this show this year https://winchestercollector.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/2017-Eastern-Show-Flyer.pdf Do any dealers have modern Winchester lever guns at this event?

The Winchester Show is just part of the normal Gun Show at the Big E...

http://northeastgunshows.org/loc/w-spr/17SPRINGFIELD%20WACA%20FLYER%20OCT%2017.pdf

It's a OK Show, ammo is outside in a tent... You can get some deals (sometimes) on guns, most of the time the prices aren't great...

I normally go, can't go wrong spending a day looking at guns, sometimes I get a good deal...

Back
Top Bottom