West Wareham man detained after allegedly firing on police with rifle

The real story is, two pussy cops snuck up on a guy who was doing a little target practice and didn't even know the cops were around, let alone was shooting at them.
Another lame, anti gun bullshit story from Massachusetts media and cops.

The real story is, two pussy cops snuck up on a guy who was doing a little target practice and didn't even know the cops were around, let alone was shooting at them.

<whew> for a moment I thought it was a liberal who just bought a gun...

And they wonder why no one gives a shit when they come out crying and whining wanting public support.....

<whew> for a moment I thought it was a liberal who just bought a gun...

Thanks for following along this journey with me [smile]

[laugh] He may have been.....I lived 2.5 minutes from where he was and can't think of any public places to shoot around there.

If he was trespassing that's one thing, but trumping up attempted murder charges is beyond the pale.
You can tell just by the wording in the article that the story doesn't jive with the headline OR the charges. He was confronted by the cops and complied with their demand to disarm. That doesn't sound at all like someone who was bent on shooting at cops.

If I were him, I'd sue the media outlet and the cops involved for libel, defamation and false prosecution. Hopefully there is body cam footage that captured the cops conversation prior to the actual face to face encounter with the guy.

Last edited:
They have a lot of fun down in Wareham.
Don't know too much about Wareham. A friend said that a convicted DUI police chief retired from North Andover police and became chief there. He also said a decorated Vietnam veteran was executed at the San Quentin State Prison in California and buried there. Strange place!

Looking at reed road in Wareham, I could see where he could have been shooting completely legally at the state level- though I don't know the town ordinances.

While seeking the man, they heard three gunshots believed to be directed at them, police said in a statement.

The officers headed in the direction of the gunshots and came upon Schroth on Reed Road carrying a rifle, and demanded he drop the rifle as he walked away toward a camper.

The officers moved toward the male with guns drawn and Schroth placed the rifle in his camper before being detained, police said.
Wow. Just literally making up charges.

Looking at reed road in Wareham, I could see where he could have been shooting completely legally at the state level- though I don't know the town ordinances.

They are easy enough to look up.

I think the whole issue with the cops is a complete bullshit story.
Whether or not he was trespassing on someone elses land is a minor infraction compared to two cops falsifying an attempted murder charge on the guy. Like I said......I'd love to hear the conversation between the two as they approached the distant shots.
Next thing you know, those two cops will be off duty claiming PTSD over the incident that they themselves precipitated from nothing.

So they charged him with 4 counts of armed assault to murder, firearm w/o FID, ammo w/o FID, and discharging firearm w/in 500' of dwelling.
Guy's life is officially screwed.

ETA: - OK, guy screwed himself. He's got two OUIs in the same court, second was a guilty in 2018, so he's a prohibited person. He's also beeh charged with a domestic (dismissed), vandalism (CWOF) and he's have a couple or probation violations. Born in 1979, so he's not a kid either.

I'd guess he's got a history with the cops.

Last edited:
So they charged him with 4 counts of armed assault to murder, firearm w/o FID, ammo w/o FID, and discharging firearm w/in 500' of dwelling.

ETA: - OK, guy screwed himself. He's got two OUIs in the same court, second was a guilty in 2018, so he's a prohibited person. He's also beeh charged with a domestic (dismissed), vandalism (CWOF) and he's have a couple or probation violations. Born in 1979, so he's not a kid either.

He certainly does now, chapter ??

But was he target shooting? Or engaging? Does it really matter?

The sad thing is this guy will probably face a jury and declare him guilty using the same thought process as the old she has a DD rack that defies gravity and an ass men conquer shit for, so she deserved being raped for skimpy clothes scenario.

The charges are preposterous.
But when you have a rap sheet ,apparently, like this guy does, you get no slack.

I was heading to the Cape and needed to stop at the West Wareham Lowe’s to get some Trex stair railings. I felt safe the whole time. Didn’t see this fella. Only bad thing that happened was my mask blew off and I was not safe for a minute.
Thanks.

Last edited:

But SHOULD he be a PP??? I get that he's F'd, but should 2 OUI's mean you can't have a gun???

I think it was Jim Wallace that said recently, and it stuck with me, that 2A is a fairly recent development in this country. For a long period of our history, it was largely ignored federal and state. It's only in our recent past that there is a movement to recognize it as the right as it was set out.

BUT. . . . under present laws - he's F'd. Shoulda put a pop bottle on the front and no one would have known. ;)

I bet the assault BS probably gets dropped but they're going to hang him on all the gun bullshit.

I bet the assault BS probably gets dropped but they're going to hang him on all the gun bullshit.

I think the two cops should be fired and prosecuted for trying to falsify the case from the start.

Back
Top Bottom