Western Mass clubs

Angryceltic

NES Member
So the wife, step son and I all just received out LTC-A in Holyoke and are looking to join decent clubs - indoors and out. Id like to join several and see what fits us best. Any suggestions? and if you are a member currently - feedback is very welcome.

It depends on what you want from a club and what you want to spend for a membership fees.

I currently belong to the Chicopee Sportsmans club as well. It is a good all around club with archery, skeet, rifle (200 yards), black powder, and pistol, ranges. They also have a trout pond, club house, and even a few campsites. It’s a good family club with a lot of varity.

The Holyoke revolver club is a revolver club that has an awesome indoor range that focuses on handgun shooting.

The Granby club has longer rifle ranges And a nice indoor archery range.

Bob

Checkout Westfield Sportsman Club. 5 Outdoor ranges trap skeet. An indoor outdoor range. https://westfieldsportsmensclub.com/
Good people

Second, joined last year and like the diversity. Has an indoor/outdoor pistol range so it can be relatively warm in the winter. Rifle ranges, black powder, trap. Only thing that stinks is not much in the way of shotgun, only for trap and slugs. They don't allow buckshot and can't do much with birdshot.

Second, joined last year and like the diversity. Has an indoor/outdoor pistol range so it can be relatively warm in the winter. Rifle ranges, black powder, trap. Only thing that stinks is not much in the way of shotgun, only for trap and slugs. They don't allow buckshot and can't do much with birdshot.
I was under the impression that you still could not shoot at this club without a range officer present? Is that still the case?

You are correct, however I have not had any issues with them being gone, they have a good schedule of keeping them there. And they are usually hanging out in the club house.

Curious if anyone has any experience at clubs in the Brimfield, Monson, Palmer area
springfield sportsman club in monson, MA is a great club. I am a member. All outdoor, 6 pistol bays, rimfire range, 25,50, 100 yard range. 200,300,400 yard range with steel plates. skeet/trap field and a preserve that rents dogs/ stocks pheasants for hunts. also an archery range, forget distances, likely 25, 50 100.

palmer has nenamesak(spelling?). again not a bad club either, but not personally a member as it is a bit of a drive for me. they have 24 hour indoor pistol range facilities to the best of my knowledge. perhaps that's changed with covid. It's been cold so I haven't been to monson lately, but I can bring one guest at a time. I'd bring a green NES member as a guest with me to show them the ropes...cheers. happy and safe range hunting

springfield sportsman club in monson, MA is a great club. I am a member. All outdoor, 6 pistol bays, rimfire range, 25,50, 100 yard range. 200,300,400 yard range with steel plates. skeet/trap field and a preserve that rents dogs/ stocks pheasants for hunts. also an archery range, forget distances, likely 25, 50 100.

palmer has nenamesak(spelling?). again not a bad club either, but not personally a member as it is a bit of a drive for me. they have 24 hour indoor pistol range facilities to the best of my knowledge. perhaps that's changed with covid. It's been cold so I haven't been to monson lately, but I can bring one guest at a time. I'd bring a green NES member as a guest with me to show them the ropes...cheers. happy and safe range hunting
Thanks! SSC is the closest for me so that definitely sounds like a great option. Would happily take you up on an offer to check out the place.

Palmer/Ware line up near Mary Lane Hospital. Good club I used to shoot indoor archery there. The indoor pistol range is nice this time of year. I spent more time looking for my brass in the snow today than I did shooting 😂

Dstangs21, I am also a member of the Springfield Sportsmans Club and heartily second 413Dan's (oddly my name is Dan as well!) recommendation of the club. Not because I'm a member but because it is a truly great facility. The pistol pits offer plenty of space for you to train the way you want and the rifle ranges at 100 yards or less allow you to sight in a scope etc all you want. Move over to the long range rifle range of either 200, 300 or 400 yards all with steel targets and you can drive out and place your own!!
Check it out! It's worth the time
Grog

Dstangs21, I am also a member of the Springfield Sportsmans Club and heartily second 413Dan's (oddly my name is Dan as well!) recommendation of the club. Not because I'm a member but because it is a truly great facility. The pistol pits offer plenty of space for you to train the way you want and the rifle ranges at 100 yards or less allow you to sight in a scope etc all you want. Move over to the long range rifle range of either 200, 300 or 400 yards all with steel targets and you can drive out and place your own!!
Check it out! It's worth the time
Grog
Love that. Only ever used to indoor ranges prior so this sounds exactly like what I need. Will definitely be joining

I like the Westfield range, it is $85 for the year covers you, spouse, and children under 18. Memberships run September to September so thats a down side. But they have a stocked pound, outdoor archary, indoor pistol (targets are out side but you are in a covered heated building. I think 400 or 500 yard rifle range. With shorter outdoor pistol/ rifle / shotgun ranges. And a section in back for skeet and trap shooting if you have your own thrower. Only indoor pistol range use after dark. And $85 is for 1 key card, additional key cards available for a fee.

I like the Westfield range, it is $85 for the year covers you, spouse, and children under 18. Memberships run September to September so thats a down side. But they have a stocked pound, outdoor archary, indoor pistol (targets are out side but you are in a covered heated building. I think 400 or 500 yard rifle range. With shorter outdoor pistol/ rifle / shotgun ranges. And a section in back for skeet and trap shooting if you have your own thrower. Only indoor pistol range use after dark. And $85 is for 1 key card, additional key cards available for a fee.
Just went to the range yesterday and it is only 300 years. My bad, thought it was more then that.

I can't wait to get out to the range and sight in my new scope on my new Montana Rifle Co. 7x57mm. Such a sweet cartridge!!

Back
Top Bottom