Westminster Ma , Sportsman Club

steven grammont

NES Member
So I just realized this place exists , and it's right up the road from my house. They have competitions on Sundays , was thinking about trying it out tomorrow morning. I've never done any competitive events before , but have been wanting to try. Tomorrow is a steel plate shoot , head to head , quickest to knock down plates moves on , losers go into a losers bracket.
Anyone ever been to this place?

So I just realized this place exists , and it's right up the road from my house. They have competitions on Sundays , was thinking about trying it out tomorrow morning. I've never done any competitive events before , but have been wanting to try. Tomorrow is a steel plate shoot , head to head , quickest to knock down plates moves on , losers go into a losers bracket.

It's a tiny club but it is pretty decent for what it doesn't cost to join. It's a "50 yards and you piss in the woods, bring your own target stand" kind of place. (There is a clubhouse, but only open during events) I think you can squeeze 100 out if they still let people block the driveway off. Great berm. No clay throwers allowed because the fallout can go on the neighbors land.

It's a tiny club but it is pretty decent for what it doesn't cost to join. It's a "50 yards and you piss in the woods, bring your own target stand" kind of place. (There is a clubhouse, but only open during events) I think you can squeeze 100 out if they still let people block the driveway off. Great berm. No clay throwers allowed because the fallout can go on the neighbors land.
I just want to try the competition , I'm a member elsewhere , and my girls father has private property where we have a range set up. Thanks for the input

Ages ago I used to shoot bowling pins there one Sunday a month but unfortunately bowling pin shooting started to die between ammo costs and the clubs not getting free pins anymore.

Yup, no frills but almost always empty.

The hornets love the shooting benches in the summer, and while I never looked I am sure there were nests everywhere. I bring hornet spray. Club leadership is pretty laid back and friendly.

We had to fight for the clubs existence a few years back due to developer interest and weenie neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom