• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What’s on opinion on the famous Utah license ?

Got mine years ago while in MA, the one thing they dont tell you (or I wasnt listening as my wife would say) After leaving MA we have spent a bunch of time in states where you dont need a license (Arizona, Nevada) well, the Utah license is null and void if you do not have a resident license in the state you reside. So, our current state of residence is Nevada where I do not need a resident license but when I am now traveling the Utah license is not good in the states it says it covers due to that fact. I did get a Florida license to compliment the Utah license so we are pretty well covered.

I am also up for renewal on the Utah license but because I dont have the resident Nevada license they will not renew, however the nice lady on the phone gave me a loophole on extending the renewal. You have one year to renew in Utah after the expiration date, she said if I tried to renew without a current license from my state of residence it will get kicked back and the one year starts from that date, so she said wait until the one year is almost up, then try to renew, after it gets kicked back I will have another year to get it sorted out, hopefully by then we will have Texas residency and a license. The challenges of full time RV!

Hope this helps
I just realized my license expires tomorrow because I had forgotten about their letter.

I remembered this post from you months back and now I can apply for my KY license (even though I don’t need one here, it’s still a good idea to have it when I go into Ohio or WV) this year and when I get it I will just renew then. I was panicking when I was looking at the letter because I don’t want to lose that license…but when I reread your post I figure the date doesn’t matter so much to them, it just matters if I’m trying to use it in another state in the meantime (which I won’t.)

I still have an active Indiana license to cover me in OH/WV and a few other states I regularly travel to, but that expires in 2025.

I don’t travel out west a LOT, but when I do, it feels nice having my gat on the ready in case of meth heads or mountain lions.

Took the class 15 years ago with Mass firearms. Got the license, let it expired because never used,
Do the class with Mass Firearm because you can redo the class for free anytime... for life if you want to reapply

Back
Top Bottom