What am I doing wrong - SR9c

Thanks, Nixie. It definitely takes more force than I expected it to, but I suppose it's a good thing. The heavy spring helps keep it easy to shoot, I guess.

Will have time for an extended range test on Saturday morning, but until then I'm quite pleased.

Great experience with Ruger on this one. I'm not saying I'm going to ONLY buy Rugers from now on, but I'm definitely considering adopting some brand loyalty here. The fiance won't be happy, but I see a 10-22 and a SR22 in my future. :) I'll try to convince her the SR22 is for her.

Same here.

Soaked barrel in white vinegar for about 20 minutes, then cleaned it completely off.

Then 0000 steel wool + Flitz for about 20 minutes. Then a rag + Mothers Mag polish, until it's a mirror.

ld6hj.jpg

coldday, did you use the steel wool inside the barrel also? Thanks.

I did not. I just cleaned it with cleaning patches. Holy hell did that white vinegar remove carbon from the barrel. I don't even remember his many patches I went through.

Great, thanks for taking the time to reply. I will have to try that with the one I picked up last week.

I own 2 SR9c w >2k rounds total.
shoot often at MFS and im a member. If you want youre welcome to compare ur SR9c w mine or have me look at your model.
lately i had a guide rod issue w an SR9c preventing gun from going into battery. Sent it back to ruger and they replaced slide and guide rod

Yup. Finally got it to the range today. Seems to have been fixed by Ruger. Time will tell, but only one failure to feed (but I'm pretty it was me riding the slide back to battery).

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom