What ammo are you buying and for what?

Anyone shoot CCI's new Quiet 22 Semi Auto ammunition ? I would like to try this as I use their regular Quiet ammo in a lever action and a bolt action. I would like to run some of this new stuff in my 10/22.
Bill

Anyone shoot CCI's new Quiet 22 Semi Auto ammunition ? I would like to try this as I use their regular Quiet ammo in a lever action and a bolt action. I would like to run some of this new stuff in my 10/22.
Bill
Yes, use it in my basement. In a rifle sounds like a pellet gun, in a revolver it isn't to bad, about half the sound of a regular 22 long rifle

Yes, use it in my basement. In a rifle sounds like a pellet gun, in a revolver it isn't to bad, about half the sound of a regular 22 long rifle
Did you also use the original Quiet ammo, is this louder than the original?
Thanks,Bill

Last edited:

I haven't tried the semi-auto version, but love the regular CCI Quiet .22 in a pump or lever action. It's great to just step outside my front door and shoot whenever. However, it wouldn't cycle my Ruger Standard (early version of the Mark 1). And it's sort of expensive compared to regular .22 LR.

I'll pick up a box of the semi-auto stuff next time I order from TS and will try to find this thread and post when I do.

I use the CCI Quiet ammo in my bolt action and lever action rifles, but would love to use the CCI Quiet-22 Semi Auto
in my Ruger 10/22.
Bill

FAL and M1A

Steel cased ammo + FAL = kaboom. See post No. 5:

Modern 16" Carbine - The FAL Files

We recommend NOT USING the following list of ammunition in the ZM4 .223 rifles or the SA58 FAL .308 caliber rifles:
  • Any steel case Russian ammunition
  • Any steel case Chinese ammunition
  • Chilean 7.62mm that is marked “NATO”
  • Cavim 7.62mm from Venezuela
  • CBC 7.62mm from Brazil
  • Indian 7.62mm from State Factory
  • 1970’s production Israeli 7.62mm Browning machinegun ammunition.

This ammunition can cause failures or damage to the rifle(s). If in question call and ask for one of our techinicians.

Sincerely,
DSA Inc.

Ammunition Warning

the quiet is quieter and won't cycle any semi
There is a new .22 Quiet called "Quiet-22 Semi Auto" it is 835 fps compared to 710 fps in the original Quiet ammo.
They are available online, but I want to try them first in my 10/22, before commiting to a brick. I have several bricks of the original ammo, but I don't want to spend $11.00+ for shipping on a $ 8.00 item.

There is a new .22 Quiet called "Quiet-22 Semi Auto" it is 835 fps compared to 710 fps in the original Quiet ammo.
They are available online, but I want to try them first in my 10/22, before commiting to a brick. I have several bricks of the original ammo, but I don't want to spend $11.00+ for shipping on a $ 8.00 item.

its possible I was comparing quiet to subsonic. Subsonic did cycle. Not sure about the new quiet I guess. I can’t seem to locate the ammo at the moment

Just bought 500 of them. Not sure when I’ll test them. But will try to report back with the results.

Have a ruger 10/22 competition on the way and an older 10/22 with a few mods.

So we will see.

A whole lot of .308 now that I've been playing the plates hanging on the 300yd range at my club. Also picked up a box of cold tracer 38spc ammo to try out sometime just to see what it does.

I just picked up 2k of .22lr since I had less than 200 rounds left and that usually goes with me to the range. I also picked up a couple of boxes of WWB 10mm just to see how different it is versus the Sig standard 10mm round. Just target stuff.

Just bought 500 of them. Not sure when I’ll test them. But will try to report back with the results.

Have a ruger 10/22 competition on the way and an older 10/22 with a few mods.

So we will see.
I just stepped up and bought a brick, CTD had $15 off so I basically got it with out having to pay for shipping.Plus I was noticing that places were running out and not able to back order.
Bill

I have plenty of common ammo (seriously plenty), so there really are only two cartridges I have been buying in small lots over time with the intention of building up to and then maintaining a case of each.

Speer Gold Dot LE Duty 223 Remington 75 Grain Soft Point - terrific performance and a good everyday value at $11 a box.

Speer Gold Dot LE Duty 45 ACP 185 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point - this is a great cartridge and when TSUSA has those 1/2 off sales it's an unbeatable bargain.

🐯

Last edited:
Stacking 22LR, .223, and 9mm as much as I can. The prices really can't do anything but go up. It's just gonna take something to scare the masses.

9mm , 556/223 and 308
Certain online retailers are selling those for steal prices and free shipping

Just ordered 1000 rounds of 62gr cheap green tip. Although i might start adding m855A1 to the list of things to order from GB.

I need more 308

And i slowly am getting more 8mm mauser components for reloading.

I will need to get more 9mm and 45. But rifle calibers have taken over priority at the moment

Bill
I got a brick of the Quiet-22 Semi-Auto. On the side of the box it says "Reliable function and low noise in semi-automatic firearms with 16- to 24-inch barrels." The individual boxes of 50 don't say this, and I wasn't aware of it until I got the brick.

It functioned fine and cycled the action in my Ruger Standard with 4" barrel, but the report was too loud to shoot comfortably without ear protection. I put plugs in after two shots. YMMV.

Switching to a Browning BA-22 autoloading rifle it also functioned fine, and it was much quieter. Hearing safe, I would say.

I didn't do any accuracy testing, just plinking at a beer can.

Been buying a few boxes of 556 and 22lr along with an occasional case buy monthly. Picked up some oddball boxes of Quiet 22lr and 38spl cold tracer just to experiment. Also been picking up a couple boxes here and there of 6.5x55.

I ordered some copper (not bimetal) steel case for my ak. Shoots well and only 80 cents more a box. That will probably be my go to from now on for 7.62x39

Got a question for youz guys:

I'm looking for a .308WIN/7.62 NATO that's:

*Approximately a 147gr bullet @ 2700-2800fps;
*Brass cased;
*Non-magnetic bullet (no bi-metal or steel core);
*Not going to hangfire or otherwise cause problems with reliability, accuracy, etc.;
*Available in bulk online; and
*Under 60¢ p/round

Reloading isn't an option this year or next year unless I can meet someone who'll let me come over and reload. I simply don't have the space or the required setup where I live. Moving isn't a good option for me until next summer.

Suggestions? I'm going to try South Korean bi-metal M80 soon just to see how well it works and also Saltech .308. I am NOT in Mass. No need to worry about companies refusing to ship to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a question for youz guys:

I'm looking for a .308WIN/7.62 NATO that's:

*Approximately a 147gr bullet @ 2700-2800fps;
*Brass cased;
*Non-magnetic bullet (no bi-metal or steel core);
*Not going to hangfire or otherwise cause problems with reliability, accuracy, etc.;
*Available in bulk online; and
*Under 60¢ p/round

Reloading isn't an option this year or next year unless I can meet someone who'll let me come over and reload. I simply don't have the space or the required setup where I live. Moving isn't a good option for me until next summer.

Suggestions? I'm going to try South Korean bi-metal M80 soon just to see how well it works and also Saltech .308. I am NOT in Mass. No need to worry about companies refusing to ship to me.

You can find quality M80 type ammo usually around .50/Rd. I generally don't go any much higher. TSUSA usually has the aguila for 9.99 a box and sometimes I find federal XM80 on sale for the same. If you want something real cheap find some AM32

Rarely buy factory fodder, but once TSUSA resumed customer pick up, I did break down and purchase some 6.5x55mm and 7.62x25mm, primarily to increase my reloadable brass inventory.
I've really been enjoying those reduced loads in the 100+ year old m96.
As for the 7.62x25mm, I am finally finding a use for all the little .32 caliber bullets that have been in my stash. Sizing them down and blowing them off in the CZ 52.

Attachments

• tok100g.jpg
    tok100g.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0333.JPG
    IMG_0333.JPG
    345.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom