• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What Ammo Runs in a S&W 22 Victory

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I bought three of these things and can't get them to run (FTE). I've tried Federal Range Pack (40 gr, 1200 fps) and CCI Mini Mags (which run in pretty much everything except these things).

Any experience with these pistols?

TIA

Mine has run flawless since I bought it three years ago. I've ran just about every ammo I can get my hands on through it ....

Federal bulk pack
Remington Cyclone
CCI
Eley
That old Russian shit , believe it's Squirrel

I bought a bunch of old ammo off of a guy about a year ago that was selling tons of stuff he had stockpiled , never a problem through my Victory

Last edited:
I can run anything through mine. I’ve never had a failure…it’s about 3 years old.

That's the worst video I've ever seen. Drugs are bad kids. I'm going to try his suggestion though. Just for the record, the video could've been shortened from 3:14 to 0:14 and conveyed the same amount of info.
I agree that the quality was horrible , just copied the first video I saw because I was heading off to work.

Mine runs everything but CCI Quiet (as expected)
I have an aftermarket barrel on it now so if you are close to Taunton you can borrow a known good one to test with.

Bent ejector

^ This. I have two Victory pistols and both had the ejection problem. Ejector blade comes from the factory (on many of the pistols) too straight. Bent the ejector blade in toward the centerline of the pistol by 1.5mm and the ejection problem disappeared. Both pistols run everything I've fed them (mini-mags, SV, Wolf, Aguila, Federal, Armscor, Blazer, etc.)

an offtopic here and not helping :) but i tried that ruger mark iv and it cycled on all i got - high speed mini mags, aguila se, and also cycled on standard 1000fps speed normas.
as i have a shitload of 1250fps aguila se 40gr it is what i am shooting from it.

Mine hates Aguilla. The wax coating on these rounds causes the magazines to feed at a snails pace when 10 rounds are in. You can strip one off by hand and see how slow it is. Load up 8 rounds and there is less drag on the magazines and the problem pretty much went away. This is true for even a brand new magazine. Making the problem worse however is a new recoil spring sent from S&W that was clearly a stronger(longer) spring. So the rounds would have even less time to pop up.
Love all the CCI I've put it it so far.

^ This. I have two Victory pistols and both had the ejection problem. Ejector blade comes from the factory (on many of the pistols) too straight. Bent the ejector blade in toward the centerline of the pistol by 1.5mm and the ejection problem disappeared. Both pistols run everything I've fed them (mini-mags, SV, Wolf, Aguila, Federal, Armscor, Blazer, etc.)
Thanks @RankAmateur

I did this to all three of my pistols and now they'll eat anything. Problem solved.

Did the ejector blade not get the right heat treating...???

Back
Top Bottom