what ammo shortage?

I was in dicks in plymouth ma yesterday and they had their ammo shelves full as can be! They didn't have much in the way of bulk packs but had just about every caliber pistol and rifle caliber you can think of! Are things starting to look up for us?

Ammo is everywhere, one just needs to look for it. Cabela's in Maine is the same way, packed full of everything. Kittery even had bulk packs of 7.63x39 and 7.62 NATO tracers, too, last time I checked.

There's definitely more and more out there everyday, now we just need prices to come down some..

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

I've been seeing plenty of 5.56 around recently, but still not much pistol caliber. $25 for 100 .22LR isn't what I would call a deal.

It's nice to see the shops have AR's and AK's again - at sane prices (well, mostly).

I was in dicks in plymouth ma yesterday and they had their ammo shelves full as can be! They didn't have much in the way of bulk packs but had just about every caliber pistol and rifle caliber you can think of! Are things starting to look up for us?

Is there still a 1 box limit?

I find shops with lots of ammo want lots of dollars. Perhaps thats why it sits long enough to fill the shelves.

Im holding off on buying until the price comes down a bit more. I dont expect to find 5.56 at 250 per K ever again , but ... still waiting for a bit more droppage.

For darn near a year, ammunition manufacturers have been saying that they are running round the clock, at full capacity. It was just a matter of time before production out paced demand.

I saw the crunch coming. The day of Sandy Hook, I was at Logan picking up my daughter who was coming home from college for the Christmas break. I brought her home and went out and bought all of the ammo I could.

Made the trip up to Riley's and Shooters yesterday for reloading supplies.
Ammo Shelves were stocked, even some .22
Got everything I went up for as well.

When I was at the NRA show in May, the manufacturers reps I talked with all said it would be late summer before they caught up. They were pretty close, on their estimate. If Walmart and Dicks are starting to have stocked shelves, that's a good sign that supply is catching up with demand.

There really isn't a shortage on anything except for .22 LR.... the prices on everything are still pretty retarded though, lots of dealers stuck with stock at the shit price and they haven't decided to cut their losses yet, and there are probably still mid level distributors arm flapping in the breeze braying about how hard it is to get ammo, trying to keep the gouging going as long as they can... good thing is the consumers are finally not falling for the BS anymore.

-Mike

The clerk there yesterday told me there is a 200 round limit per customer per day. That's regardless of caliber combination or box amount.

Really? I asked for two bulk packs of .22. The clerk ask me if I needed anything else. I said I'll take two more and he put them on the counter.

We haven't seen a shortage yet. When Hilary wins the white house, you won't see a shortage, you'll see no ammo anywhere.

Last edited:
I find shops with lots of ammo want lots of dollars. Perhaps thats why it sits long enough to fill the shelves.

Im holding off on buying until the price comes down a bit more. I dont expect to find 5.56 at 250 per K ever again , but ... still waiting for a bit more droppage.

Just picked up 1k for $380... cheapest I've paid in a LONG time...

I bought a Sig P238 at Nicks the other day. They said they have not seen any .380 in months. Also no 22LR at my local Dicks the past month. 9mm is the only thing that's back in stock full time.

Back
Top Bottom