• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are you using? Bulk ammo - 5.56/.223, 9mm, 12 gauge

Just interested to see what you guys are buying in bulk and using on the range for practice and/or competitions? I'm looking for suggestions concerning good quality training rounds that I could buy in bulk and use in both training and action shooting events / competitions that won't break the bank. The weapons I will be primarily using are chambered in 5.56/.223, 9mm, and 12 gauge. Thoughts?

P.S. - I don't reload ammo...yet. So I'm looking for manufacturers/brands, grain size, type (FMJ, FMJ-BT, etc)...

I use CCI Blazer 9mm (115gr) ($201.80/1K delivered from Palmetto State Armory), and Federal .223 XM193 (55grn) or PMC Bronze (55gr) for $311/1K shipped from Aim Surplus. Wideners also has Prvi M193 (55gr) at $331/1K shipped, which I really like, as well. For 12ga, I can't find anywhere online that beats Walmart's Federal Valu-paks at $22/100.

Good luck.

for range plinking I buy what ever seems like a good deal to me and buy as much as I can afford.

Looks like you live in CT, Just picked up some .223 herters at cabelas $109.00 500 rds with a plastic ammo can, and again yes the wal-mart mega pack is as cheap as i found.

If I want factory loaded pistol rounds for practice, I go to Walmart, same with 12 ga. That said 100 rounds of factory white box pistol ammo will last me a while. The overwhelming amount of what I use in my handguns are reloads. I cant speak on rifle rounds, Ive always used surplus (or what ever cheap junk I can buy for the AK/SKS because they don't care) and don't own a .223....yet.

For USPSA 9mm or .40, I use whichever is the cheapest/most readily available at the time of the 115gr UMC, WWB, or Federal/AE.

For ARs, I prefer Silver Bear. Wolf has been having serious issues in all my rifles lately. When I need good ammo, I use PMC or XM193

For 12 gauge, I go to Walmart and buy the value packs.

For ARs, I prefer Silver Bear. Wolf has been having serious issues in all my rifles lately. When I need good ammo, I use PMC or XM193

^ same here ^ the silver bear is inexpensive and i runs good. no need to pick up the "brass" either [laugh] - i'll shoot silver bear up to 100 yards though... for 200/300, i'll usually use something with a little more ooomph...

for pistol - i prefer winchester white box, but will pretty much shoot anything except for blazer aluminum

Back
Top Bottom