What blade do you carry?

I'm in the market for a new pocket knife and can't make up my mind. So I figured I'll ask you guys what you carry and why. I'm really trying to stay under $100. Any info would be great.

Thanks...

Benchmade. You get what you paid for. They have great customer service and superior products. Im using a 9500 auto currently. Great knives whether it be auto or not.

H.A.K.

midtigerclaw.jpg

http://www.hideawayknife.com/model.php

Kershaw blur I've been carrying for a few years now. I've been beating the crap out of it, trying to kill it to give me an excuse to get a new one, just cause I have the itch for a new blade, but this thing won't let go. So it's a good knife, and I recommend it.

I've been looking into a Ka-Bar but the TDI. Anyone use these?

https://www.kabar.com/product_detai...=search&categoryId=1,7,9&categoryName=Product Search Results

If this is what you are asking about (Model 1480), yes I carry it and in fact I have a spare, NIB (one was on backorder for >6 months and no response from dealer led me to buy from another source and surprise . . . the B/O just showed up one day) that I'd be willing to sell.

There are numerous TDI knives that Ka-Bar makes.

Hey mine too.

goota love snap-on. I've had this knife for 5 years and it still works great, I even sent it out for warrantee because a screw fell out of the pocket clip. They reimbursed for the shipping and sharpened the knife for me.
+1 for Kershaw/snap-on

I'm seeing a lot of Benchmade come up. Might check some out. Only thing is Ill have to order online. Can't find any good shops around that carry a decent supply.

goota love snap-on. I've had this knife for 5 years and it still works great, I even sent it out for warrantee because a screw fell out of the pocket clip. They reimbursed for the shipping and sharpened the knife for me.
+1 for Kershaw/snap-on

Interesting. I may have to do that and see what they do. I've used the edges of the handle as a beer opener so there's gouges all around it. The tip's broken off. And I replaced the clip screws a long time ago. [laugh]

https://www.kabar.com/product_detai...=search&categoryId=1,7,9&categoryName=Product Search Results

If this is what you are asking about (Model 1480), yes I carry it and in fact I have a spare, NIB (one was on backorder for >6 months and no response from dealer led me to buy from another source and surprise . . . the B/O just showed up one day) that I'd be willing to sell.

There are numerous TDI knives that Ka-Bar makes.
That is what I was looking at. Can you send me a PM with a price and location?

Kershaw Leek. Awesome knives. F'n sharp. And I won't carry anything that doesn't have assisted opening.

Kershaw_Leek_Speed_Safe.jpg

And two big thumbs up from me on Kershaw's service. I snapped the tip off my Blur, sent it to them with a note explaining what happened, had a new Blur in the mail 4 days later. I also fell once and bent the pocket clip, sent them an email asking where to get a replacement, new clip showed up in the mail in a few days.

I rotate through a few favorites … Old reliable is a Benchmade Griptillian 512.

I watch the outdoor gear deal wesite steepandcheap.com daily, and every once in awhile they put some pretty nice knives out for clearance at real nice discounts … I just recieved a CRKT Carson M4-13 which I moved immediately to my pocket, great look and feel to this one, and I love the Outburst assisted opening feature (F you Feds … I dare you to try to outlaw that useful function). Paid only $35 for it, and it lists on a lot of sites for $60 +.

I've got another CRKT Assisted opening knife (Crawford Triumph) which I also really like … it's a tanto blade, and much bigger and heavier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom