What Caliber for Stink Bugs?

My Dad came up with a pretty great idea. If you take a 2 liter soda bottle, cut the top off so it looks like a funnel, and tape it back on inverted, you end up with a handy stink bug trap. Scoop them right in and let them crawl around until they die. Gross, but effective.

Toss the bottle in the trash when it's full.

Alternatively, nuke the site from orbit.

You need an A-Salt Weapon. My Son bought me this for fathers day. Thought it was a gag gift. It really works, and has a laser. I've been shooting stink bugs every day. Runs on regular salt... Kills fly's and bees. I've probably killed 50 stink bugs. Note: You have to remove the bayonet lug and weld the muzzle brake to make it legal in Massachusetts. 😁

Also, you can only shoot Male Stink Bugs. Female Stink bug tags are available for $5.00 at ( Hunting Regulations )...

a-salt.JPG

Last edited:
Real men just pick them up and flatten them against something with the thumb. You can also vac them up with one of those "DustBusters". However, they can crawl out, so you have to empty the vac outside. Jack.

I recently created some storage space in the attic above my garage ceiling and the space was full of these bugs. I used this. Very effective and afterwards, just vacuum them up.
Raid-Max-No-Mess-Dry-Fogger-Hero-1-2X.jpg

Gently pick them up and throw them in the toilet.

Don't squeeze them or they will release their stink.

I've been using some air duster (inverted) to freeze the bastards when I find them inside a window. Yes, the screens here suck enough that bugs just crawl right on in. Freeze the bastards and then flush them.

Need to get more cans of air.

As for caliber, when in doubt, 50BMG. Or maybe 500 Magnum. 45-70 could work too from a revolver. Not sure if you need the 20" or 26" barrel for that though. [rofl2]

An engineer told me a story once about bored engineers at his place of employment. The used a can of compressed air coolant to immobilize a housefly. They created a little banner and glued it to his tail. When he warmed up he started flying around with his advertisement.

I think I am going to start saving my stink bugs and stencil them for future relocation. Maybe "Property of NSA" in glow in the dark letters.

These are not your grandfathers’ stink bugs.

View attachment 394816
Those are stink bugs for sure but the critters I have infesting my place look almost like those, and they are what most people call stink bugs but they are actually Western Conifer Seed Bugs.
Virtually the same thing. They don't bite and if you handle them the stink they give off is kind of like apples. Weird smell but not offensively stinky.

image.jpg

These are the stink bugs we get that crawl all over the house and work their way in. They live almost all winter long. Finally sick of them and the damn spiders and webs I sprayed the exterior of the house with the shown insecticide.
I just walked the outside. Not a one to be found except the dead one on the bottle I found on a slider track.

Back
Top Bottom