• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What Caliber for Stink Bugs?

Just stay the hell away from these
(unless a bite that turns into a 3" circle of rotting flesh sounds good).
Pgeniculatus2.jpg
Yikes!

Do be careful with these bug bombs, some of them are flammable.
Who else remembers this episode?
McMillan and Wife: 'Til Death Do Us Part​
It's Sally's birthday, but she and Mac are in no mood to celebrate as someone has broken into their house and stolen all the sharp objects (knives, scissors, razor blades and even Sally's knitting needles). Making things worse is that a serial killer known as the Asylum Killer is on the loose and he has written a letter promising a double murder for his next crime. The couple make the best of it despite their fears and try to celebrate. However, after drinking drugged champagne they are knocked unconscious and awake to find their house covered with a fumigation tent ...​

...and then hilarity ensues.

At night they will land on your baby's face (or yours)
if you're living in some <bleep>hole mud hut,
and don't keep a mosquito net over the bed.
And they're intelligent - they see you coming and avoid the swatter.

They live in mouse nests. So, the more mouse nests
that your <bleep>hole mud hut has,
the more Kissing Bugs.

Modern explanations of the Kissing Bug have more sophisticated
descriptions of the symptoms and disease causes.
The "3" circle of rotting flesh" comes from
this book I bought in some minor National Monument gift shop
during our Grand Canyon vacation.
Poisonous-Dwellers-of-the-Desert-paperback-by-Natt.jpg

It's my favorite hideous poisonous desert dweller,
hands down.

Taurus Judge spotted! In Houston there were tree roaches that were a real nuissance. My ex and I used “roach motels” to get rid of them. I imagine they have similar things for stink bugs. In the mean time, grab a bunch of tubes of caulk and a caulking gun and start sealing up the cracks in your home. This is another effective way to deal with the problem before it comes to you.

Who else remembers this episode?
McMillan and Wife: 'Til Death Do Us Part​
It's Sally's birthday, but she and Mac are in no mood to celebrate as someone has broken into their house and stolen all the sharp objects (knives, scissors, razor blades and even Sally's knitting needles). Making things worse is that a serial killer known as the Asylum Killer is on the loose and he has written a letter promising a double murder for his next crime. The couple make the best of it despite their fears and try to celebrate. However, after drinking drugged champagne they are knocked unconscious and awake to find their house covered with a fumigation tent ...​

...and then hilarity ensues.

At night they will land on your baby's face (or yours)
if you're living in some <bleep>hole mud hut,
and don't keep a mosquito net over the bed.
And they're intelligent - they see you coming and avoid the swatter.

They live in mouse nests. So, the more mouse nests
that your <bleep>hole mud hut has,
the more Kissing Bugs.

Modern explanations of the Kissing Bug have more sophisticated
descriptions of the symptoms and disease causes.
The "3" circle of rotting flesh" comes from
this book I bought in some minor National Monument gift shop
during our Grand Canyon vacation.
Poisonous-Dwellers-of-the-Desert-paperback-by-Natt.jpg

It's my favorite hideous poisonous desert dweller,
hands down.
i do remember that fumigation tent episode!

I'm thinking using BBs or pellets is the best caliber. Otherwise, you're going to run out of ammo. You can get 6000 BBs for $9. So for the cost of qty 50 9mm, you can get 12,000+ BBs, which would kill around half the stinkbugs in my house.

SERIOUS ANSWER: They inundate my house every year at this time. Get a big wooly car wash sponge and cover it with dish soap and water. Just blot them with the sponge and the soap suffocates them and kills them almost instantly. Problem solved, no chemicals needed.

I'm thinking using BBs or pellets is the best caliber. Otherwise, you're going to run out of ammo. You can get 6000 BBs for $9. So for the cost of qty 50 9mm, you can get 12,000+ BBs, which would kill around half the stinkbugs in my house.

You aren’t using the new pandemic 9mm pricing though.

When I was kid I used to put model ships and planes in my bedroom closet , lay across my bed and pick them apart with the 'Ol BB rifle. Apparently quite a few. After a bit I grew up....well.....moved out anyways. In talking to Ma, who had no idea I did this, she said when they did that room over the contractor pulled down the sheetrock in the closet and a couple gajillion BBs spilled out all over the floor, did I have any idea where they came from.

Last edited:
SERIOUS ANSWER: They inundate my house every year at this time. Get a big wooly car wash sponge and cover it with dish soap and water. Just blot them with the sponge and the soap suffocates them and kills them almost instantly. Problem solved, no chemicals needed.
Meanwhile I gently relocate them outside by coaxing them onto a scrap of paper
and carrying them like the King's pot roast.
And we only get 1-2/year.

It's almost as if I don't trigger them into releasing pheromones that attract 999,998 more bugs.
ZoHJod2.gif

When I was kid I used to put model ships and planes in my bedroom closet , lay across my bed and pick them apart with the 'Ol BB rifle. Apparently quite a few. After a bit I grew up....well.....moved out anyways. In talking to Ma, who had no idea I did this, she said when they did that room over the contractor pulled down the sheetrock in the closet and a couple gajillion BBs spilled out all over the floor, did I have any idea where they came from.
Well, if you meant to destroy the sheetrock behind the models,
Col. Cooper can't really disapprove.

Back
Top Bottom