• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What company forged my upper?

roccoracer

NES Member
u4ejatu4.jpg

Does anyone know which company uses this mark?

so it's 'normal' for a budget manufacturer like PTAC and obviously not for a upper range manufacturer like stag, dpms etc
Stag is an "upper range" manufacturer?

My PD has Stags for patrol rifles. IMO they suck compared to the Colts we traded them for. After all, what's a couple gas keys coming of the carrier groups at the range for a gun I might use to save my life? No biggie.

My PD has Stags for patrol rifles. IMO they suck compared to the Colts we traded them for. After all, what's a couple gas keys coming of the carrier groups at the range for a gun I might use to save my life? No biggie.

I'm not defending STAG. For the record I shot the hell out of mine 3000+ rounds of steel.
Now I would blame you or your amoror for failing to properly check over your weapon before use. Yes I do expect you to know how to disassemble and check for loose nuts and bolts on a weapon you depend upon for your life..... now if your carrier bolts came loose they where not tightened to spec and most likely not cleaned of oil.
Colt gets a large amount of their parts from CMT stags daddy.
Also another thing you can do with your rifle is apply some permatex sealent between the gas key and bcg.
For the record 56 inlbs is the torgue for the carrier bolts.

As for who forges uppers and lowers. There are several forges in the US. I believe S&W now forges their own. Back in 2008 Mark K. President of stag told me that they get forged parts in CT. Also told me they get springs from 2 large manufactures of springs in CT.?

hey i was going on price not build quality. obviously PTAC is the cheapest AR i've ever seen, stag isn't. i'm not really an AR guru to know which slot each manufacturer fits into, i just go by prices that people ask for them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom