What *could* pass?

StevieP

NES Member
As a result of the Uvalde school shooting, there are the typical calls for more gun control, bans on ARs, UBCs, etc...

Most of those things have been tried and rejected in the past.

What *could* get passed? Maybe something nationwide like what MA's LTC does, which is "non-large-capacity long guns" at 18, but got to be 21 for handguns or semi-auto rifles?

Might give some of these mental defectives time to work out their issues before being able to buy an 'extra-killy' AR or pistol, but isn't a "direct" infringement on 2A rights. Somehow this is law in MA and hasn't been found Unconstitutional (yet). Has this ever been tried at the national level?

Anyway, thoughts? We pretty much know what things they won't get away with. What could they?

I guess I’ll pick up another 10 mags next week - ever time one of these things happen I buy or fabricate something out of spite.
I swear, the firearms accessory business must be putting them up to it!!

IBC is a joke how many mentally impared individuals got there hands on an AR. Background checks only work if the person has been legally adjudicated mentally defective. And as far as face to face goes I'm pretty sure most will ignore any UBC laws.
The other point it took an hour to get LEOs that could handle the situation on sight.

I think UBCs are inevitable. Maybe not this time, but eventually.

I also think they won't stop anyone violent.
Agreed on both points.

It’s all about “The Myth of the Slippery Slope” - it’s not a myth, of course. Some see UBC’s at the least harmful gun law that might be passed to appease the liberal masses. Those would be the folks who trust their government,

A classic for your enjoyment:

I think UBCs are inevitable. Maybe not this time, but eventually.

I also think they won't stop anyone violent.
the course of action will be to prep some BS and give it to biden to sign as an EO bypassing the congress, but to sell it as a 'bipartisan product'.
so the limitations here will be set by what can be in the EO. which is, well, quite a wide variety.

the course of action will be to prep some BS and give it to biden to sign as an EO bypassing the congress, but to sell it as a 'bipartisan product'.
so the limitations here will be set by what can be in the EO. which is, well, quite a wide variety.

I don't think it'll even take that much.

I think RINOs will eventually give in on UBCs because their calculus will tell them the Left will shut up if they just give them something. It won't work, either to stop violence or to shut up the Left.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can see it happening.

I don't think it'll even take that much.

I think RINOs will eventually give in on UBCs because their calculus will tell them the Left will shut up if they just give them something. It won't work, either to stop violence or to shut up the Left.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can see it happening.
I have a slightly different take on it. The RINOs are just looking for an excuse to justify restricting our rights to own guns. The RINOs are for the most part hard core globalists ready to side with the one world government cabal. They mostly don't care about American jobs or home sourcing of key manufactured goods. They'll be happy to put you in chains to keep control. If they can somberly nod and say, "We did the right thing and cut a bipartisan deal to make you all safe" they will do it in a minute if they think they can get away with it.

I have a slightly different take on it. The RINOs are just looking for an excuse to justify restricting our rights to own guns. The RINOs are for the most part hard core globalists ready to side with the one world government cabal. They mostly don't care about American jobs or home sourcing of key manufactured goods. They'll be happy to put you in chains to keep control. If they can somberly nod and say, "We did the right thing and cut a bipartisan deal to make you all safe" they will do it in a minute if they think they can get away with it.
There’s a word for that: appeasement.

And it’s worked exactly zero times against tyranny throughout history.

Back
Top Bottom