What *could* pass?

great point
THIS is why they want to confiscate semi rifles.
it is not about any rifles, they bake now those universal red flag laws that will be a true universal one-for-all measure. once they enforce a concept of a red flag preemptive confiscation with no certain proof needed - only driven by a 'suspicion' - all that will need to get done after will be a set of proper red flag triggers, that will not take too long to bake up.

what any of that got to do with kids getting killed? nothing at all, as the one and only true thing related to dead kids was a local police that stood by and waited for those kids to be murdered off, while doing only what they always do - harassing and citing law-abiding parents.

Well, I thinks it implied in Universal that it has to be Federal and uniform. So private sales would have to do done at an FFL and include a background check. Any sale of him without a background check would be illegal. But that could still be done without the government knowing you made the transfer. So there is no need for a registry of guns or gun purchasers. There obviously needs to be a registry (or multiple) of people who are blocked. But again there are algorithmic ways for the holder of that list to interface with FFLs without the FFL having access to the unencrypted list or the government to know who they just declined. There is a separate concern of actually trying to arrest those people who were declined because presumably they broke the law in applying. The government would essentially lose that option. But who cares? Why does that even need to a crime. There would only need to be a crime if they get a gun and if they do that legally, it’s the governments fault.
I believe that last year about 40k prohibited persons lied on 4473s and tried to buy a gun from a store and they were denied. Lying on the form is a crime, it tells you so on the form. Like 4 of those 40k people were charged as a result of the crime of trying to illegally obtain a gun.

Yeah, .gov can handle more unconstitutional, illegal infringements!!

It quite literally would never have stopped any of these shootings. There is exactly one shooting it might have helped prevent, had NICS actually had accurate information: the Charleston church shooting. His arrest record should have made him a PP, but NICS approved him. That said, I don't think it would have prevented it entirely. That POS wanted to kill black people, so he was gonna do it no matter what. If he was denied the purchase, I could easily see him having gone the Timothy McVeigh route.

Mag bans also wouldn't have prevented Parkland, since that a**h*** used 10 rounders. That just shows that a 30 round limit is not going to make a difference; a shooter will just bring more 10 rounders.

Assault weapon bans would not have prevented Columbine, and the only effect it would have had on any of the rest is to change the weapon that was used.
One of the church shootings in TX may have been prevented if the Air Force JAG’s at the base the shooter was stationed at would have entered his information after the Court Martial.

One of the church shootings in TX may have been prevented if the Air Force JAG’s at the base the shooter was stationed at would have entered his information after the Court Martial.
That’s not the only case of, if the .gov just followed the law/did their job, the shooter would not have gotten the gun so easily.

Caring about gun violence, and putting freedoms, liberties, and possibly adding more violence by gun control is NOT the answer. It needs to be stopped in its tracks. Not "doing gun control" is NOT the same as doing nothing. Try arming teachers. That has not really been tried yet. It is better than "doing nothing". Why not, right?
RIGHT???
@crookedteeth

1,000% tax on AR and standard capacity magazines?

This is the sort of thing which lead to the American revolution -- no, I'm not talking about taxing tea, but rather the "Stamp Act", which required colonists to pay taxes on every page of printed paper they used -- any printed paper, even playing cards and newspapers were taxed.

This is the sort of thing which lead to the American revolution
that sounds quite domestically terroristical of you. good thing our government terror organizations no longer exhibit red coats high morals and ready to incarcerate indefinitely any suspected wrong thinkers with no evidence nor warrant required. where would we be without their diligent service to save us all from ourselves!
please punish us more, punish us better. we deserve it. mea culpa.

“Reportedly still on the table are investments in mental health care and school security, changes to the background check system, and red flag laws.”

Lovely

Technology will not save a society that lacks the moral and ethical basis to maintain freedom and liberty for its citizens.

1. Smartguns for you and me (but not the government)
2. Mass Shooter detection algorithms (pre-crime alerts)
3. Gun registration anonymizer (break glass in case of emergency to reveal the list of guns/owners)
4. Shot-spotters (in urban sh*tholes - with no witnesses)

The beyond-ideology notion of technology saving us from ourselves was in vogue a century ago and has been adopted by the “let the data speak for itself” Progressives. Their mantra, "The rule of the people made effective through the agency of their servants, the scientists and engineers", justifies abdicating free will to the unbiased logic of science, engineering, and mathematics.

That ain’t working out so good…

65FDC749-ECCD-4BF0-893B-8B77ADB91BFE.jpeg

Lots said about the same old story - everyone still wants more gun laws and less guns. Nothing need be said about the biased polling questions, eh? Note the error is +/-4.8%, so no significant change right after a mass shooting media/Biden blitz.

F83C03B0-3423-45F1-A832-3477666E5751.jpeg

The beyond-ideology notion of technology saving us from ourselves was in vogue a century ago ...
Once one is attuned to spot technocracy in action,
it's not hard to find it - even in the historical record.

Even the party line of the 1950's NYS Conservation Department
in their Conservationist house organ gives one pause.

... and has been adopted by the “let the data speak for itself” Progressives.
People who know nothing about anything,
yet have "thoughts" about everything.

Take the firearms away, nerf the police.. then start up homegrown terror organizations like antifa and let them loose on the populace. maybe throw in some mass protest and some false flags.
Food / fuel riots.. whatever is needed to justify martial law, which then 'fails' so they can justify bringing in the UN as a 'peacekeeping' force.
Game over.

Attachments

• UN-shot-up.jpg
    UN-shot-up.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1
Mark Hamill, Jedi - “Don’t get me wrong, as a strong supporter of the 2nd Ammendment [sic]—I believe in every American’s right to own a musket.”
Piers Morgan - “The Second Amendment was devised with muskets in mind, not high-powered handguns and assault rifles. Fact.”

Second 'menment means muskets bro.

Mark Hamill, Jedi - “Don’t get me wrong, as a strong supporter of the 2nd Ammendment [sic]—I believe in every American’s right to own a musket.”
Piers Morgan - “The Second Amendment was devised with muskets in mind, not high-powered handguns and assault rifles. Fact.”
Second 'menment means muskets bro.
Biden's claims aside, 2A was authored at a time when individuals owned cannons, bombards, and 1.5" bore swivel guns:
High-powered, but technically not a "handgun"

Last edited:
As for Gun Control, I am not sure about national safe storage laws but I think that national red flag laws and UBC/tighter BG checks will be passed.

I’ve been in touch with both of my Senators and my Congressman, who is taking a few punches from the local media for not supporting any of this garbage. Total hit piece.

Caring about gun violence, and putting freedoms, liberties, and possibly adding more violence by gun control is NOT the answer. It needs to be stopped in its tracks. Not "doing gun control" is NOT the same as doing nothing. Try arming teachers. That has not really been tried yet. It is better than "doing nothing". Why not, right?
Yeah. I think the gun community needs to put together what we think might help matters. Then the Democrats can reject it and we can say that they don’t care about kids dying. Would be nice for a change. Of course I don’t think we have any good ideas either. There isn’t a whole lot the government can do to identify the people who might shoot up schools.

As for Gun Control, I am not sure about national safe storage laws but I think that national red flag laws and UBC/tighter BG checks will be passed.

I’ve been in touch with both of my Senators and my Congressman, who is taking a few punches from the local media for not supporting any of this garbage. Total hit piece.

I doubt anything will pass. I’d like to start completely over on UBC. There is a way to do it that most gun owners would actually prefer. Taking it out of the government’s hands. Ensure it is not linked to a registry etc. But that’s also unlikely to happen. Government very rarely ditches their current process and starts over.

Yeah. I think the gun community needs to put together what we think might help matters. Then the Democrats can reject it and we can say that they don’t care about kids dying. Would be nice for a change. Of course I don’t think we have any good ideas either. There isn’t a whole lot the government can do to identify the people who might shoot up schools.

Already been done befoa, nobody cares.

There was this big
middle position RKBA org called AGS years ago that floated a bunch of background check stuff directly to dems and wobbly republicants. They got ignored because the left doesn't /actually/ care about stopping crime, their only real interest is banning guns and taking guns from citizens. The sooner you figure this out the better. We already can claim they don't care about kids dying, that's pretty easy. It doesn't matter, it's not like its going to shift wobblies (who as a demo, aren't into gun control anyways). In mass we have a guy who runs as an anti and literally wants to pass laws to make sex with farm animals legal. He still gets reelected every cycle....... 🤣 "dems don't care about kids dying" will ring hollow in those arenas. Think about how dumb the average constituent is that lives in the urban dump city district of an anti gun dem. Gun control is the the stuff of smoothbrains, applying sense to the situation to appeal to the equivalent of a flat earther isn't going to buy you anything.

Back
Top Bottom