What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Just loaded 100 or so rounds of 9mm. Usual formula, 124 grn XTreme plated, 4.0 grn TiteGroup, OAL - 1.125?? I don't recall offhand, and I'm too lazy right now to go back downstairs into the garage and look.

Basically a nothing-burger - except that I had rotator cuff surgery a week ago and it's the first time I've tried to use my press since. Very pleased that I I was able to use the press.

Tried dryfiring a couple times while I was in the garage - but the shoulder's not ready to bring the arm up that high. I have to have conversations with the surgeon and the Physical Therapist about this when I see them tomorrow.

Edit - 1.124

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    804.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I'm 8 weeks out from my rotator and still can't dry fire. I'd love to start puting my 550c together but I don't dare try. Still hurts like hell when I'm trying to sleep and just plain aches the rest of the time. They told me it's because it's the second time for this shoulder with 1 full and 2 partial tears so it's going to take longer. The upside right now is that I'm forced to practice dry fire with my offhand.

Just loaded 100 or so rounds of 9mm. Usual formula, 124 grn XTreme plated, 4.0 grn TiteGroup, OAL - 1.125?? I don't recall offhand, and I'm too lazy right now to go back downstairs into the garage and look.

Basically a nothing-burger - except that I had rotator cuff surgery a week ago and it's the first time I've tried to use my press since. Very pleased that I I was able to use the press.

Tried dryfiring a couple times while I was in the garage - but the shoulder's not ready to bring the arm up that high. I have to have conversations with the surgeon and the Physical Therapist about this when I see them tomorrow.

Edit - 1.124

I'm 8 weeks out from my rotator and still can't dry fire. I'd love to start puting my 550c together but I don't dare try. Still hurts like hell when I'm trying to sleep and just plain aches the rest of the time. They told me it's because it's the second time for this shoulder with 1 full and 2 partial tears so it's going to take longer. The upside right now is that I'm forced to practice dry fire with my offhand.
Shit.

Today’s Wednesday, I had surgery last Tuesday.

I was told originally to expect six weeks in a sling, six weeks of movement/active motion and six weeks if strengthening.

Post surgery that was amended to two weeks in a sling. I quit wearing the sling in the house Monday morning so that I could work and am wearing it only to sleep.

Saw surgeon and physical therapist today. They’re pleased with my progress, ok with me dispensing with sling and i move to strengthening exercises next week.

I’m cleared to dryfire as of today and we’ll see about competition.

I really lucked out. Surgery went well and I’m pushing rehab.

Exercising and icing

just loaded a couple hundred 30/06 for the Garand.150 grain Hornady fmj with AA2520 and a CCI mag primer. The Redding competition seating die wouldn't seat the bullet low enough and was so tall that the powder measure wouldn't work. I used the RCBS seating die that came in the set. I probably wouldn't see any improvement with the competition die anyway. The rifle is a service grade M1 with stock sights.

Back
Top Bottom