What did you do in the reloading room recently?

For the folks who told me crimp pay be the issue. Take a look.....was that crimp light enough to cause low pressure issues with 2400 powder?

Also I know they are not seated as low as most folks do it. Those are 1.585 oal because the Henry likes longer oal for feeding.

Before I re crimped them.
20200925_065108.jpg
After I ran them through

20200925_065056.jpg

For the folks who told me crimp pay be the issue. Take a look.....was that crimp light enough to cause low pressure issues with 2400 powder?

Also I know they are not seated as low as most folks do it. Those are 1.585 oal because the Henry likes longer oal for feeding.

View attachment 393229
After I ran them through

View attachment 393230
It looks like you hardly crimped them at all by the comparison. Happens alot if your brass is not the same length

It looks like you hardly crimped them at all by the comparison. Happens alot if your brass is not the same length
Well they are all crimped hard now. I had to actually back off a bit....the first few buckled the brass .......backed off a bit till it didn't buckle and I tested them in the case gauge after crimping to make sure I didn't bulge them. Then tested on the desk to make sure the neck tension was retained
Willl test tonight.

My 9mm Acme Bullets arrived yesterday. Pretty cool packaging.
CD699D4A-393A-4CAB-B745-E14D497CF44F.jpeg222C48A0-10DE-47DC-95EB-3FFDAD0FFEA6.jpeg

Shot the Area 7 USPSA championship match yesterday. It was a good time but I didn’t shoot as well as I hoped 😂 Long ass day too. Left my house at 530am and got home at 7...
Anyway, in the goodie bags they gave us was a Dillon foam grip for the roller handle? I don’t have a Dillon press. Anyone need/want it? I’ll ship it on my dime.
F9B2C284-3A91-48CA-AC05-4FEB637E70E1.jpeg

View attachment 393229
After I ran them through

View attachment 393230
Yeah it looks like you didn’t have much of a crimp before. Ideally you’d want those bullets seated deeper to allow the casemouth to be crimped onto the cannelure. But I realize you have feeding issues so.

Yeah it looks like you didn’t have much of a crimp before. Ideally you’d want those bullets seated deeper to allow the casemouth to be crimped onto the cannelure. But I realize you have feeding issues so.
The crimp is just on the bottom of the cannelure. It's in there but just at the base of it.

Did you bump the powder charge a bit? Or do you think the issue was the gun?
This load is not the one I was having trouble with this weekend, I believe that issue was the gun and not the load. That load works extremely well and I get great chrono numbers through all my other guns. So I’m thinking my x5 legion Just doesn’t like that load and the shape of the bullet to me doesn’t seem sit well so I have to shorten the OAL to 1.095 for it to plunk in that x5 barrel. But these blue “ibejiheads” seem to work very well and I’ve had great results so I figured to go back to them versus those plated Flat Nose Berry’s. I need something reliable for wallum lake walls of steel in a couple weeks.

View attachment 393229
After I ran them through

View attachment 393230

The before looks more like a taper than a roll crimp

what powder are you using and what kind of numbers are you getting with the Noslers ? I've got a box of Hornady 140 eld m that I'll use when I start reloading. I've read that the Bergers are pretty darn good, but its hard to stomach the $.51 per bullet price tag.

update: dragged the chrono to the range yesterday and confirmed I’m getting average 2754f FPS and std dev of 10.8 FPS Over 5 shots. Also, the RDFs were .34 per bullet at shooters.

This load is not the one I was having trouble with this weekend, I believe that issue was the gun and not the load. That load works extremely well and I get great chrono numbers through all my other guns. So I’m thinking my x5 legion Just doesn’t like that load and the shape of the bullet to me doesn’t seem sit well so I have to shorten the OAL to 1.095 for it to plunk in that x5 barrel. But these blue “ibejiheads” seem to work very well and I’ve had great results so I figured to go back to them versus those plated Flat Nose Berry’s. I need something reliable for wallum lake walls of steel in a couple weeks.
Got it.
Had a similar issue with 40 at one point. I sold the gun instead 😂

Yup. I meant on the first photo.
Interested to see how they shoot!
Totally did not fix the problem.

First shot.....pfffft......round stuck and powder everywhere. That was with the Remington brass.

Cleared the squib......

Try the federal brass.......got off 3 shots......all different reports one was light as a 22 but I saw the hole in the target......fourth shot.....pfffft same thing bullet in bore and powder everywhere.

Cleared the squib.......cleaned the spilled powder off the bench and I'm going home. 😣

Its gotta be the powder.

I feel your pain
Sucks cuz I have some friends coming to the club open house tomorrow and wanted to bring the Henry carbine and all I have stocked up for reloads is these $@#** loads. I have some factory 357 but with the ammo supply these days I'm not too keen on using it. I have some h110 left over and could make some up tonight but Im out of magnum primers. f*** my life.

I'll make up 100 or so with some unique maybe tonight.....but those don't have the same horsepower on the plates. Is what it is.

My 9mm Acme Bullets arrived yesterday. Pretty cool packaging.
View attachment 393237View attachment 393238

Shot the Area 7 USPSA championship match yesterday. It was a good time but I didn’t shoot as well as I hoped 😂 Long ass day too. Left my house at 530am and got home at 7...
Anyway, in the goodie bags they gave us was a Dillon foam grip for the roller handle? I don’t have a Dillon press. Anyone need/want it? I’ll ship it on my dime.
View attachment 393239

I'll take the roller handle if no one else has raised their hand.

Load a few samples to test-fire, before going hog wild. If they run well, go for it!
Yeah was looking to get 100 rounds made up for tomorrow. .....no time to work any up and test.

I'll just leave the Henry at home.

The unique loads worked well just more of a medium magnum though. I know those work ok I'll make up 100 of those tonight.

Anyone buy bullets from Gardners Cache? They have some good looking cast gas checked rifle bullets but every time I try to place an order it says to include a valid zip code. I always include the zip code but it doesn't matter. I sent them 2 emails but haven't heard back.

Back
Top Bottom