• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

I pumped out 150 9mm last night in 2 hours while I intermixed other activities.
124 grn Berry's plated hollow base over 6.8 grns of HS6.
Not a fan of flake powder and Lee powder drop. Spews a few flakes on my hand, bench, floor every drop.
Any recommendations for a different powder after I finish this lot?

I pumped out 150 9mm last night in 2 hours while I intermixed other activities.
124 grn Berry's plated hollow base over 6.8 grns of HS6.
Not a fan of flake powder and Lee powder drop. Spews a few flakes on my hand, bench, floor every drop.
Any recommendations for a different powder after I finish this lot?

I really like Titegroup and use it exclusively for 9mm. It is only roughly 4gr, so you need to be careful not to double charge.

I love imr4227 for 44 mag but damn 26 grains per charge burns up a can of powder fast. I'm so used to filling my hopper with Bullseye for 45acp and when I'm done making 100 rounds the hopper looks like barely any got used......then I loaded 50 each 44 mag with imr4227 and that used about 3/4 of the hopper. 😂

4227 meters the best of any powder I've used so far. Every charge was dead on 26.0 grains.

I really like Titegroup and use it exclusively for 9mm. It is only roughly 4gr, so you need to be careful not to double charge.

Plus one on this.

I load a lot of 9mm, 124 grn XTreme plated over 4.0 grains of TiteGroup with an OAL of 1.15. Start is 3.6, max is 4.1. Reliably cycles all of my 9mm semis, makes power factor, knocks down steel, minimal recoil and smoke.

I also use it for .38SPCL, 135 grn blue bullets.

Finished a box of 100 44 mag that I started last night. I "short stroked" the turret press and sent a freshly primed case back up to the resize de prime die.....sending the primer into the bucket of spent primers. As we all know primers are like gold these days......took me about 5 minutes of digging but i found that little bastard. These are truly troubled times. 😂

Finished a box of 100 44 mag that I started last night. I "short stroked" the turret press and sent a freshly primed case back up to the resize de prime die.....sending the primer into the bucket of spent primers. As we all know primers are like gold these days......took me about 5 minutes of digging but i found that little bastard. These are truly troubled times. 😂
Do you also have a coffee can of spent primers or is it just me? I’m wondering how long until I fill it

Titegroup. Never used it. Got 2 pounds today. Plan on it in 45acp possibly 357 mag and 38 special. Heard it burns hot, scorches brass, and some other not so nice stuff.

Anyone here use it and have bad experiences?

Titegroup. Never used it. Got 2 pounds today. Plan on it in 45acp possibly 357 mag and 38 special. Heard it burns hot, scorches brass, and some other not so nice stuff.

You buy it online or? Buddy of mine is looking for jugs of Titegroup but will buy one pounders if price is decent. I see the Ram and another vendor only has one pounders in stock but he wants to buy in bulk.

I used to run TG with Xtreme plated bullets in 9mm for years. Yup burns hot and not super “clean” until you get closer to max charge weights. Decent economical powder.

Its what I use for 9mm. Brass gets dirty, I clean it and load it again. Seems ok to me, no complaints. Get about 1750 rounds per pound. Never used it for any other caliber tbh.

The magic charge number for .45 acp was 4.6 gr (for 230's)
Burned hot, but didn't leave a lot of soot (maybe a little too hot)
I can tell you what it'll do to bare-bottom lead.
Never tried it with 180's

Strangely enough, it doesn't burn as fast as Bullseye, but I've had better luck with Bullseye in .38 spl.

Seemed a bit too fast for my liking in .357 but might be ideal in a snub

The magic charge number for .45 acp was 4.6 gr (for 230's)
Burned hot, but didn't leave a lot of soot (maybe a little too hot)
I can tell you what it'll do to bare-bottom lead.
Never tried it with 180's

Strangely enough, it doesn't burn as fast as Bullseye, but I've had better luck with Bullseye in .38 spl.

Seemed a bit too fast for my liking in .357 but might be ideal in a snub
Funny...my Lyman 50th doest list titegroup as an option for 230 grain projos. I have a shit ton of plated 230s.......where did you get 4 6 for data with 230 grain?

More brass prep here. Flared and primed 750 9mm cases. Eventually I will load them with the 750 Berry's 147 grain RN bullets I have. Figured I should do it and shoot those before I really dig into my stash of 124gr Zero JHPs loaded of N340. Those are primo. Also flared 200 44mag cases. Haven't primed those yet.

I always thought Titegroup performed just fine for the fast powder that it is. The soot never bothered me because it just wipes off the gun. What I hated about it was how the powder sticks to all the surfaces in the powder drop. In that respect it's polar opposite of Cleanshot.

I always thought Titegroup performed just fine for the fast powder that it is. The soot never bothered me because it just wipes off the gun. What I hated about it was how the powder sticks to all the surfaces in the powder drop. In that respect it's polar opposite of Cleanshot.
From the looks of it titegroup will meter well. I'm looking to use it for plate banging ammo so it doesn't have to be super accurate.......but metering well would be a bonus so I can churn them out efficiently.

So after coming out of a chronograph induced rage, I realized that I may finally have loads that work.
5.3 True blue over coated 124 CN FB at 1.105 gave ~132PF
5.3 Silhouette over coated 124 CN FB at 1.105 gave ~138PF
4.1 of N320 over coated 124 CN FB at 1.141gave ~130PF

Tonight I dropped 0.2 grain on silhouette, 0.1 on true blue, and loaded 10 more of the N320 to verify. (sorry NStassell). Also loaded 4.3 silhouette over 147 FMJ at 1.130

Now I just need a chronograph.
Apparently a shooting chrony alpha is highly resistant to damage. Anyway, confirmed:
5.2 True blue over coated 124 CN FB at 1.105 gave ~131PF
5.1 Silhouette over coated 124 CN FB at 1.105 gave ~132PF
4.1 of N320 over coated 124 CN FB at 1.141gave ~130PF
4.3 of silhoutete over 147 FMJ at 1.130 = 130PF

All of these are a 5" BBL, and the bullet is actually over the powder, not vice versa. So now I need to shoot with these and see if there are ant differences with flash, smoke dirty, etc

Back
Top Bottom