What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Received some more .30-30 and .30 Carbine brass, so it's high time to roll some more coated bullet loads.
If you want to do a run-n-gun with your lever gun, "Come on down!"
Have a blast shooting water-filled jugs/cans, balloons, ceramic tiles, steel, even paper. You may leave your horse at home...

Attachments

• IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    587.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0718.JPG
    IMG_0718.JPG
    492.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    754 KB · Views: 12
  • canBust2a.jpg
    canBust2a.jpg
    742.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Thanks. I used my calipers after sizing and flaring and all cases were under max. Seems like 30 carbine is a bit of a pain in the ass 😂
Oh, I don't know, it's pretty straight forward. A friend has one of those less-desirable Universal M1 Carbines, but I run my reloads as fast as I can pull the trigger. It runs flawlessly.

Getting a bit limited on primers and limited supplies of empty brass, so I guess I'll just shoot the same dozen or so pieces and just keep reloading them to shoot again and again. It's a good way to get some trigger time with the FR-7 and m1891 on these hot days.

Yes, the coated bullets are courtesy of Norman at quality-cast.com. The 130g are my own Lyman 311410s (a versatile bullet for the M1 Carbine), but I size them for use in the Argentine, Enfield, Arisaka, SKS, FR-7 and so on.

Attachments

• 7.62-7.65.jpg
    7.62-7.65.jpg
    648.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Darn, I guess I forgot to bring these to "Show and Tell"... AR has the pulled 50g HP. Liberty ammo states 2000 fps in their 9x19mm loading, but I saw a video online (it must be true) and the guy was getting 2200 fps consistently. No chrony here, so I'll just have to keep wondering. A tad small for the .35 Remington, but stable at 40 yard (my range limit). First picture are .380 Auto:

Attachments

• .35_Rem50gHP.jpg
    .35_Rem50gHP.jpg
    705.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 9mm 50g HP.jpg
    9mm 50g HP.jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 10
  • .35_Rem. Domino.jpg
    .35_Rem. Domino.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 10

Worst part about reloading .30 carbine is the trimming. I stopped loading and shooting it for years because the trimming was so tedious.

I got the itch again and invested in the RCBS trim pro2 and a 3way cutting head. It trims and chamfers in one operation.

It's no giraud but makes things much easier.

Then I got a .30carb conversion kit for my 550. :)

That Lee trimmer, you'll want to huck it out the window after doing 50 cases, if your fingers and hand work after that. BYEEEEE!!

Worst part about reloading .30 carbine is the trimming. I stopped loading and shooting it for years because the trimming was so tedious.

I got the itch again and invested in the RCBS trim pro2 and a 3way cutting head. It trims and chamfers in one operation.

It's no giraud but makes things much easier.

Then I got a .30carb conversion kit for my 550. :)

That Lee trimmer, you'll want to huck it out the window after doing 50 cases, if your fingers and hand work after that. BYEEEEE!!
I used my cordless to drill to speed things up a bit but it is still tedious. Thank god I don’t shoot thousands of rounds of 30 carbine every year. Lucky if I shoot 100-200 lol

I used my cordless to drill to speed things up a bit but it is still tedious. Thank god I don’t shoot thousands of rounds of 30 carbine every year. Lucky if I shoot 100-200 lol
Is there any reason why this trimmer does not work for that 30 brass?
Frankford Arsenal Universal Precision Case Trimmer with HSS Construction, Drill Press or Hand Drill Functionality and Storage Case for Reloading https://a.co/d/67S5nX4

Is there any reason why this trimmer does not work for that 30 brass?
Frankford Arsenal Universal Precision Case Trimmer with HSS Construction, Drill Press or Hand Drill Functionality and Storage Case for Reloading https://a.co/d/67S5nX4
I have the powered Frankford Arsenal unit and it indexes on the case shoulder as it appears this one does as well. So, won't work on a straight walled cartridge like the 30 carbine.

• EASE OF USE: The universal collet system indexes on case shoulders for precise and consistent trimming

Same here, but even doing a handful of cases sucked that much.

The M1 carbine comes out on the handful of times a year I actually take non shooting friends to the range...

Brownells has small rifle primers in stock, including magnum. They also have pistol primers but I didn't look at what was in stock.

Been in the basement the last couple evenings Loading up for the next steel matches… I have two matches on back to back weekends.. Got to be sure I have enough…. I can’t F#%*ing wait!!! It’s been 3 long miserable months… It will be the first match since the surgery…I hope I remember how to do this!!! 😂

Attachments

• E3BD0A99-1145-4A55-B45C-1B72980AE10D.jpeg
    E3BD0A99-1145-4A55-B45C-1B72980AE10D.jpeg
    588.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 9B3D3C41-0912-4327-BC79-E8FC37215592.jpeg
    9B3D3C41-0912-4327-BC79-E8FC37215592.jpeg
    598.6 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom