• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Been in the basement the last couple evenings Loading up for the next steel matches… I have two matches on back to back weekends.. Got to be sure I have enough…. I can’t F#%*ing wait!!! It’s been 3 long miserable months… It will be the first match since the surgery…I hope I remember how to do this!!! 😂
Nice!! You’ll do fine.

I just checked 300 rounds of 9mm for the NER IDPA championship match on Saturday. I’m not making the same mistake as MA state match where I had a round with an upside down primer 😂
No excuse lol

Nice!! You’ll do fine.

I just checked 300 rounds of 9mm for the NER IDPA championship match on Saturday. I’m not making the same mistake as MA state match where I had a round with an upside down primer 😂
No excuse lol
Been there done that! now every round goes into the Armanov block… measure and check every single one…

I’m sure my new mailman hates me - 65 pounds of 9mm bullets arrived today. Digging the new packaging from blue bullets.
Figured I’ll get in one last shipment before the baby arrives in November and my shooting frequency plummets 😂 View attachment 651771
I have to give it to them… Blue Bullets Inc does a fantastic job packaging them… those little ammo boxes are definitely deceiving how heavy they actually are, especially with the 147’s.
As for your shooting frequency going down, just think how much more reloading time you’ll have!!! 😂 congratulations by the way!!!!

Loaded 88 (amount of brass I had sitting) 45 Colt for my Ruger Blackhawk. A lead 255 SWC over 8.5gr of Unique.

View attachment 652429

I recently came into two old cans of Unique which I had never used. For .45 Colt I started with Titegroup, went to Trail boss but then just last month tried the exact same load you described and I love it. Nice thump but not so much that it’ll beat up non-Ruger guns. I’ll still use my trail boss load for the 1858 conversion though.

ETA: Almost forgot why I came to this thread again…
Yesterday I picked these up while I was at a shop getting my newest gun transferred. I didn’t even research possible uses for these I just grabbed them because they were there. The primers being magnum I just need some advice on if I should bother downloading any particular load, considering anything I would use them for are mild charges to begin with. I’ve only used CCI LPP’s as of yet. Now the True Blue… I thought it would be fine for a warm .45 Colt load but then I read many posts (mostly on the Highroad) that say it sucks for anything other than very hot magnum loads / shotgun / rifle. Any experience with using this powder in say, .357 magnum? I rarely shoot full power .357 in either of my two guns that’ll take that cartridge but I think having something super zippy for my Rossi lever action would be fun. Maybe to hunt coyote with. ;)
5F066522-6A83-4C61-9BE7-C50888F44B86.jpeg

Last edited:
I recently came into two old cans of Unique which I had never used. For .45 Colt I started with Titegroup, went to Trail boss but then just last month tried the exact same load you described and I love it. Nice thump but not so much that it’ll beat up non-Ruger guns. I’ll still use my trail boss load for the 1858 conversion though.

ETA: Almost forgot why I came to this thread again…
Yesterday I picked these up while I was at a shop getting my newest gun transferred. I didn’t even research possible uses for these I just grabbed them because they were there. The primers being magnum I just need some advice on if I should bother downloading any particular load, considering anything I would use them for are mild charges to begin with. I’ve only used CCI LPP’s as of yet. Now the True Blue… I thought it would be fine for a warm .45 Colt load but then I read many posts (mostly on the Highroad) that say it sucks for anything other than very hot magnum loads / shotgun / rifle. Any experience with using this powder in say, .357 magnum? I rarely shoot full power .357 in either of my two guns that’ll take that cartridge but I think having something super zippy for my Rossi lever action would be fun. Maybe to hunt coyote with. ;)
View attachment 652661
Do I dare ask which shop and how much? 😂

Or do like Jeppeson and simply loose-leaf it and send out yearly updates.

Hey Andrew, how'd you do yesterday at HSC?
Not good. I had too many brain farts that cost me BIG time. I blame lack of sleep and the heat.

Still managed 40th overall out of 158. But I had the second fastest time on the boat stage so there’s that lol
D7DD997A-0610-4021-AC90-5E3A29C18C53.png

FK. they really did the boat thing.
the steel plates pit next/behind to 25/50 range - is is cleared from steel plates now or is it back? i poked my nose there on friday morning but it was all torn apart down there - was it for this event, or was it a permanent alteration?

Cleaned up and found some hollow point pins for an MP mould that I don’t think I own anymore. 😩
Also found some batteries for my cmore that I didn’t know I had. Along with some other spare parts buried in the back of a drawer. Love when I find treasures.

Lubed and sized a couple hundred of my favorite 38/357 bullet while I was up there.

Back
Top Bottom