• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you do when you see another hunter walking through the woods without full orange? Just a Orange hat

1575897050902.jpeg

Just for good measure.

On a serious note, I wouldn't go out of my way to confront a stranger on public land. If crossing paths anyway, a polite "Hey, were you aware that during deer shotgun season you also need the vest?"

It should make no difference if you wear orange or don't, there is absolutely no way you can mistake a human, a dog, a sheep, cow or anything else, for a deer.

While a true statement, do you really want to bet your life on some idjit in the woods? I wouldn't take the chance...

To clarify you can trust your own common sense, experience and capabilities, but I would never trust someone else. Especially someone unknown and potentially unseen to me. with a loaded weapon in the middle of the woods. IMO it's just not worth the chance...

Last edited:
I’d MMOB too. I did come across a hunter with a walking stick the other day and believe it or not he had an orange hat, orange jacket, orange gloves, and orange pants. He also smelled strong of Doe urine so maybe he was being extra cautious lol.

I’d MMOB too. I did come across a hunter with a walking stick the other day and believe it or not he had an orange hat, orange jacket, orange gloves, and orange pants. He also smelled strong of Doe urine so maybe he was being extra cautious lol.
Maybe he thought that he could draw a buck with the urine and beat him to death with the stick? Jack.

Maybe he thought that he could draw a buck with the urine and beat him to death with the stick? Jack.
If the buck didn’t be get laid yet then he’d have to use the stick since his slug gun was sIung over his shoulder and he didn’t seem to be too agile. I think he would have gotten rick-rolled.

Back
Top Bottom