• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you think our chances of defeating the wonderful maura is?

Unless gun owners get organized and change our ways the chances would be slim and none and slim blew town for a free state.;)

I posted this in another thread but I will repost it.

Yesterday I got three emails from the Baker/Polito folks.

The very first time I heard the name Scott Lively, other than on NES, was from the GOAL email on Monday.

I would bet that 90% of the gun owners (not on NES) in this state didn’t see the Scott Lively name until they looked at there ballot.

The best chance to beat Baker was yesterday. Now the choice in the primary is between two democrats and it is “our” (read gun owners) own fault. I’m not talking about the NES crowd.

If we get it together I would think that we have the votes to unseat the AG; but only if we get it together.

The gun clubs have the mailing addresses and I would expect the email addresses of the vast majority of gun owners in this state. That is the way to get the word out. It would have to be coordinated by GOAL or some other organization.

I have posted this before and I know that some of the clubs do this but this needs to be a coordinated message. If I can get text notifications about events coming up at my club I can damn sure get a reminder to vote.

JMO,

Bob

Big task to overcome the big party discrepancy in MA. Dems outnumber Reps ~3.2 to 1 (1,482,399 to 465,952). Libertarian ~14,000. Unenrolled ~2,474,535, so this is the group where at least 75% of the vote would have to come from to beat her. Ain't going to happen!

It'd be a good idea for each club to have some sort of GOAL ambassador (or whatever you want to call it). Someone who's relatively well spoken and well known at the club who gets info and updates through GOAL on a weekly or monthly basis and can send out emails/texts, post something at the club or give a short talk during a club meeting.

Spending so much time on NES, it was kind of a shock to hear guys at the club who had never heard of GOAL or Comm2a or Appleseed Project. Lots of guys had a lot of the same complaints we have here but other than the NRA, they may not know of any way to do anything about it. I think it would be helpful to the cause if we had a guy at each club to coordinate with the club to attach a GOAL related section to the monthly email or to talk for a few minutes during the monthly meeting about whatever GOAL feels is important for people to know. (elections, rallies, upcoming legislation, whatever.)

You're very optimistic, I would be surprised if the non moonbat running against her gets even more than like 30% or so. The wobblies (eg, dem but too ashamed to declare as dem) usually pick the democrap.

-Mike

I think the last AG runoff was like 65/35.......I was actually surprised by that number.

I'm just hoping Maura's bullshxt will backfire on her...but even if it does I give it 5% extra tops. So that's where my 60/40 split comes in and yes it's very optimistic.

Not going to happen unless there is a more moon-batty candidate going up agents' her. She is perfect for the voters in this stare, super liberal, anti 2nd and alternative life style. No one can beat those qualifications for the voters in this state. There are not enough voters to overthought her even if all gun owners voted.

Last edited:
Actually.....here were the results from last time........I'm not that crazy.....anyone remember John Miller? Well he got almost 40% of the vote and that was before dimples started her bullshit......

I also think McMahon might be a better "known" candidate.....

Still a win is probably snowball in hell.

Attorney General
CANDIDATE PARTY VOTES PCT.
Maura Healey Democrat 1,275,252 61.7%
John Miller Republican 790,884 38.3

It’s going to be a tough fight, but I have t even seen anything from him... so he’s a complete unknown to just about everyone. He won’t win that way.

He would need an amazing campaign to win. It’s possible, but he’s already behind.

So right now, I’d say zero chance unless a drastic and phenomenal campaign gets out there in a hurry.

GOAL has had "club reps" probably since the late 1970s. I officially filled that role from sometime in the 1980s for 3 different gun clubs.

Reality check:

- It's a lot of work getting the info before a meeting and putting it together for club members.
- For most clubs ~10% (same faces) at most attend meetings. The other 90% are in the dark as to what is happening at their club. Big clubs like Braintree R&P get ~50 people at a meeting and that is with 6000 members.
- Many clubs keep the membership info secured from all but one or two officers. Club reps don't get to send out Emails in my experience.
- I doubt many members even read the few Emails sent out by their clubs.

McMahan visited BR&P and spoke for ~45 minutes about his positions. Unsure but he might have also attended a Mansfield F&G meeting that I missed. He was out and about at club meetings but with so few people who attend them, yes 90% of gun owners have never heard of him. The media loves our current AG and will do nothing to promote info about a challenger.

And in my 40+ yrs as a gun owner at 4 clubs I can tell you that many members don't care about politics/gun legislation and only care about the couple of guns that they own/shoot regularly. You'd never get the majority of this herd of cats to agree to support any real effort to vote a certain way, write a letter, etc.

GOAL has had "club reps" probably since the late 1970s. I officially filled that role from sometime in the 1980s for 3 different gun clubs.

Reality check:

- It's a lot of work getting the info before a meeting and putting it together for club members.
- For most clubs ~10% (same faces) at most attend meetings. The other 90% are in the dark as to what is happening at their club. Big clubs like Braintree R&P get ~50 people at a meeting and that is with 6000 members.
- Many clubs keep the membership info secured from all but one or two officers. Club reps don't get to send out Emails in my experience.
- I doubt many members even read the few Emails sent out by their clubs.

McMahan visited BR&P and spoke for ~45 minutes about his positions. Unsure but he might have also attended a Mansfield F&G meeting that I missed. He was out and about at club meetings but with so few people who attend them, yes 90% of gun owners have never heard of him. The media loves our current AG and will do nothing to promote info about a challenger.

And in my 40+ yrs as a gun owner at 4 clubs I can tell you that many members don't care about politics/gun legislation and only care about the couple of guns that they own/shoot regularly. You'd never get the majority of this herd of cats to agree to support any real effort to vote a certain way, write a letter, etc.
Well shit, that sucks. :(

The AG spot is a lock for Healy, any showing by McMahon above 32 - 34% is a moral victory....a/k/a defeat

Most voters in MA are probably mildly annoyed with Healy's anti-Trump rhetoric and overzealous filing of lawsuits for matters outside the state....but all of that nonsense had been carefully dialed back over the past 6 months and the great unwashed have a memory that lasts for 2 newscycles or one celebrity sex tape

Healy will use the power of her office to grab a couple headlines, say she is too busy doing the people's work to debate her opponent more than once (at the same time as a marquee NFL matchup) and then attend the victory parties so she can be photographed with rising star Ayanna Pressley

Who cares, fight like hell till your last breath! I'm going to campaign like crazy for him like he's going to win. No wish I did, should haves.

Healy will use the power of her office to grab a couple headlines, say she is too busy doing the people's work to debate her opponent more than once (at the same time as a marquee NFL matchup) and then attend the victory parties so she can be photographed with rising star Ayanna PressleyH

She wouldn't do that.

090518democraticar03.jpg

Who knows I feel Like we should at least send a message and try to get him as much support as possible healey is very unliked outside Boston

Of course it's a long shot. But you risk creating a self-fulfilling prophecy if you dismiss the possibility outright and thus don't even try. Here's some grounds for encouragement: Healey received 1,280,513 votes in 2014. Trump received 1,090,893 votes in 2016. So in raw votes it was 54% - 46%.

It this were any other state I would say his chances would be good but in Massachusetts, no way. Even though Trump pulled off a big win, I just can't see that happening in Massachusetts.

Who cares, fight like hell till your last breath! I'm going to campaign like crazy for him like he's going to win. No wish I did, should haves.

This is how I am handling it. Sending checks to his campaign, telling anybody that will listen about him. Standing out with signs. Put a big sign in my pickup and parked it at the polls. etc. etc.

We can all help to get his name out there!!!

Back
Top Bottom