• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What does blue label mean?

Steve600

NES Member
I have been shopping around for a preban ar15 and see the term blue label used. What does that actually mean, and being a veteran do I qualify.

When referring to Colt ARs it has to do with their box label colors. See here:

Colt AR-15 Box Colors

The big advantage of a Blue label pre-ban colt is that it has the standard size take down pin holes, previous to that they had the large hole take down pins that can’t be used with current uppers without an adapter.
ETA That’s just the front take down pin hole, the rear is the same on all of them.

Last edited:
Blue Label Program

The Blue Label Program is available to those eligible below with approved purchaser ID:

If any department does not issue a picture ID a letter on department letterhead signed by a chief or supervisor can be used along with a picture ID of the purchaser.

Sworn Law Enforcement officers with powers of arrest, including Federal, State, County & City also includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials (LE Department or Retired Picture ID front & back)
Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D also includes retired Military with "retired" credentials (Military picture ID front & back)
Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers (LE Department Picture ID front & back) Nationally recognized Security Company – Officer Purchase for fulltime armed guards with Picture ID. Examples: Loomis, Garda, and GS4. State licenses, registrations, private investigators are not approved.The ID must indicate a position held and armed status. If not, please supply a letter on department letterhead signed by a chief or supervisor can be used along with a picture ID of the purchaser.
LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy.

The following are eligible for purchases at Local Blue Label Dealers but are not eligible for direct purchases from GLOCK Inc. If any department does not issue a picture ID, a letter on department letterhead signed by a chief or supervisor, can be used along with a picture ID of the purchaser.

Active duty Firefighters or volunteer fire fighters with current Active Duty Department Credentials. (FD Department Picture ID front & back The ID must indicate the position held) are eligible to purchase at a local blue label supplier found on the GLOCK dealer locator. These sales are not eligible for direct purchases from GLOCK Inc.
EMT’s or tactical EMT’s & paramedics employed by a fire department, law enforcement agency or ambulance service working in the field and responding to emergency calls. Certifications alone do not qualify. Eligible to purchase at a local blue label supplier found on the GLOCK dealer locator. These sales are not eligible for direct purchases from GLOCK Inc.
Veterans with an Honorably Discharged DD214 or NGB-22 and Driver’s License. Eligible for purchase at a local blue label supplier found on the GLOCK dealer locator. These sales are not eligible for direct purchases from GLOCK Inc.
GSSF Coupon - Recipients should contact GSSF for more information or visit a local blue label supplier and present the coupon at the time of purchase. Coupons may not be used for direct purchases from GLOCK Inc.

Capture.JPG

I have been shopping around for a preban ar15 and see the term blue label used. What does that actually mean, and being a veteran do I qualify.
I’ve always wondered the same thing. You learn something new every day.

This is the only blue label I'm allowed to purchase, and purchase it I do!! [cheers]

View attachment 649003
Your significant other is much more understanding than mine. I’m only allowed Black; at almost $200 a bottle she’d never authorize Blue. And did you know that the Johnnie Walker labels are applied at an angle of 24 degrees?

Your significant other is much more understanding than mine. I’m only allowed Black; at almost $200 a bottle she’d never authorize Blue. And did you know that the Johnnie Walker labels are applied at an angle of 24 degrees?
Is that so they appear straight when you've had too much to drink? Asking for a friend.

I did not. Now I do. If I were drinking, I'd offer you a toast. Unfortunately, all I can give is an "AttaPerson"

Thanks

My hope is to buy a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue for each of my kids for their 21st birthday. You can get the bottle engraved, I'm just hoping that program is still around into the next decade when they start hitting that age.

I also plan to buy 3 1911's, with sequential serial numbers. This is going to take some work, but I have 2 commemorative Sigs that were made for BP agents with sequential serial numbers. I got lucky, it wasn't planned, and the guy handling them realized what he had when the shipment came in. Two of us got sequential numbers.

My hope is to buy a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue for each of my kids for their 21st birthday. You can get the bottle engraved, I'm just hoping that program is still around into the next decade when they start hitting that age.

I also plan to buy 3 1911's, with sequential serial numbers. This is going to take some work, but I have 2 commemorative Sigs that were made for BP agents with sequential serial numbers. I got lucky, it wasn't planned, and the guy handling them realized what he had when the shipment came in. Two of us got sequential numbers.
Order them and have them engraved in advance. That’s what I did with my kids’ Randall knives.

They’re just in the safe, waiting…

Order them and have them engraved in advance. That’s what I did with my kids’ Randall knives.

They’re just in the safe, waiting…
I'm afraid something will happen in the 8 years before the first one hits 21, last one is only 10 now. Don't know if that stuff will sit that long, I'm not a spirits guy other than drinking them

I'm afraid something will happen in the 8 years before the first one hits 21, last one is only 10 now. Don't know if that stuff will sit that long, I'm not a spirits guy other than drinking them
In a sealed bottle, whisky is good indefinitely. When my friend's father died about 8 years ago, she found a case of bourbon from '76 - the paper was a little brittle but the corks were still perfect. Hell, I think they said the Shackleton whisky was still viable after almost 100 years.

Back
Top Bottom