What Generation is your Glock?

Let's put it this way, I've got more than 1, less than a dozen, 9's, fotays, and 45's.
But no Gen 4's or 5's yet, hmmmmm, something must be done about this. source.gif

I believe Glock only added the finger grooves to get "export points" in the American market, because finger grooves made it more of a "target" gun or something.

I was on GT at the time. It was crazy. "Glock needs to add finger grooves like everyone else. They are in the dark ages!" LOL. It was a trend that faded in and out fast. And Glock took 10 years to remove them. ROFL!!! They had those Version 3.5's with the painful-triangle grippy pattern, too. LOL

. . . now that I look back at the dates, I think it was after-the-fact complaining about finger grooves. People on GT circa 2000-2005 would look down on Gen 1 & 2 with NO finger grooves. "Those just suck. You NEED finger grooves, man. You're a total poser if you don't have finger grooves!" But you are right it was NOT the Glock community that pushed for it. It WAS the Glock community that pushed for those silly inserts for hand-size.

Not "rookie numbers".

And makes my "collection" look pitiful.

I just got rid of a Gen 3 G34 and a LoneWolf framed Gen 3 G17 last week.

Which leaves me with:
(2) Gen 4 G34s
(2) Gen 4 G17s plus (2) slides
(1) Gen 4 G31
(2) Gen 4 G43s
(1) Gen 5 G43X
(1) Gen 5 G48
A sort of Gen3 Poly80 with a .22 upper and a partridge in a pear tree.

Nice bundle there.

I knew I forgot something, the G44. lol. Mine hasn't blown up yet, I want a refund!

I would have had way more, too, if my gen2s had survived the great purge. Most of those
got sold off over a space of 2-3 years out of necessity. Then in late 2000s I started building it
back up again, with different guns. I have a few i should have sold off but not going to, as I'm just plain tired of selling stuff.
I was on GT at the time. It was crazy. "Glock needs to add finger grooves like everyone else. They are in the dark ages!" LOL. It was a trend that faded in and out fast. And Glock took 10 years to remove them. ROFL!!! They had those Version 3.5's with the painful-triangle grippy pattern, too. LOL

. . . now that I look back at the dates, I think it was after-the-fact complaining about finger grooves. People on GT circa 2000-2005 would look down on Gen 1 & 2 with NO finger grooves. "Those just suck. You NEED finger grooves, man. You're a total poser if you don't have finger grooves!" But you are right it was NOT the Glock community that pushed for it. It WAS the Glock community that pushed for those silly inserts for hand-size.
GT is basically full blown aids, lol. The grip inserts were much needed, imho, although the more important thing was the advent of the short frames on G20/21/29/30. That said, even if they had stopped at Gen3/SF, id still have a bunch of glocks. Low TCO, minimal bullshit guns.

First pistol I ever bought was a Gen3 G35 in 2008. Also the only Glock I ever sold, hating the Gen3 grip and .40.

Now:
1x Gen4 G19 cutaway
1x Gen4 G26
2x Gen5 G34 MOS
1x Gen4 G41 MOS
1x Gen5 G42
2x Gen5 G43

Looking for an excuse to go hiking in bear country so I can justify a G40 MOS. It'll give me another caliber to keep up with but I hear 10mm = master race.

Hmmm. I paid $259 for a couple G22's. $329 for a couple G23's. I think I got a G27 for $399 or so. All used, but all in great condition. There was a guy in the midwest that specialized in police buy-backs. And specialized in sending them to the PRM. All in all, I've probably paid about retail for all of my Glocks, in total, over the years. Overpaid on some. Underpaid on others.

I am an oddball and prefer all gen 3's. I have spare parts for them, they work well and prefer the very durable older surface treatment on the gen 3s.

Don't forget about the new G43x MOS.

It is like the G43x but has a rail!

Gen5 has a rail.
G43x is Gen5 but no rail.

But...

The NEW G43x MOS has a rail, also.

Like a true Glock, every little upgrade is enough to get you to buy more.

I've got a couple of Boomers. No Greatest Generations. Some Gen-whatevers (43, 48 or something.)

The point is they don't really change. Point, click, dead. Period. Same angle. Same platform. Same everything.

Funny how the Gen5 is circling back to Gen1. No finger grooves (that everyone HAD to have in 2000 and told Glock they wuz stoopit for not having them). Single pin. For the shooter, it's effectively a Gen1 with a bit more aggressive texture, an accessory rail and some aftermarket parts. (Ambi slide release???? Seriously?????).

All of the "issues" people have had with Glock recoil springs over the years - I've just never seen it. Factory, SSGR's, single vs double springed. I think to some extent, people go looking for problems to solve. Double-spring was vital to the subcompact, IIRC but never really necessary on compact/full. . . . until 2010. Somehow we survived 30 years of Glock production without double-springing. Now it's all double-springs.
As a lefty I hate the ambi slide release....i have to change my grip that I'm accustomed to

Gen2-2
gen3-3
Gen4-1
Gen5-1
Might be missing one or two. Gen5 19 is by far my favorite. And possibly my favorite of all the guns I have.

Gen2-2
gen3-3
Gen4-1
Gen5-1
Might be missing one or two. Gen5 19 is by far my favorite. And possibly my favorite of all the guns I have.

I know a lot of people who really like their G19's. I find it too "blocky" for me as a carry gun. I was carrying a G43, but the new G43X is a really nice bridge between the 43 and 19. It's 10 rounds, in a length the same as a 19, but the grip is sort of between the 43 and 19, so it fits really nicely in my hand.

I've got a Shield Arms 15 round mag on back-order for it.

used to have 11. was out boating, and forgot my life jacket. swirved, as to not decapitate a dolphin with my prop, I'm a big nature guy ya know. go green, not like the new deal but we don't kill wildlife unless we're gonna eat it. in my haste as to not strike Bernie, I hit an ice berg. its a damn good thing I had those Glocks! I had to field strip them which thankfully is very easy with a Glock. all the slides and barrels sunk, but Ill be damned if I didn't make a buoy out of those lowers. you see, plastic is more buoyant than water! it was a long swim back to marina, but thankfully Bernie let me hitch a ride on his back, cause I had his and cause he's got me like that

Back
Top Bottom