What Generation is your Glock?

I know a lot of people who really like their G19's. I find it too "blocky" for me as a carry gun. I was carrying a G43, but the new G43X is a really nice bridge between the 43 and 19. It's 10 rounds, in a length the same as a 19, but the grip is sort of between the 43 and 19, so it fits really nicely in my hand.

I've got a Shield Arms 15 round mag on back-order for it.

I got one of those 48’s or whatever. Slimline 19. I’ve never carried it, but I could see it being my favorite Glock. I think. It feels more comfortable but the 19 still just shoots better despite not being as comfy.

Goodness, how do you tell them apart?

I’ve got one and that’s more than enough.
Gen 3 G19. The white tennis shoe of the gun world. It’s ugly, I don’t particularly like it, but it just works and I shoot it well.
If i had more than one glock id need to make sure I had me reading glasses on to read the slide before knowing what to load it with. Thats not even a joke.

Nice bundle there.

I knew I forgot something, the G44. lol. Mine hasn't blown up yet, I want a refund!

I would have had way more, too, if my gen2s had survived the great purge. Most of those
got sold off over a space of 2-3 years out of necessity. Then in late 2000s I started building it
back up again, with different guns. I have a few i should have sold off but not going to, as I'm just plain tired of selling stuff.
GT is basically full blown aids, lol. The grip inserts were much needed, imho, although the more important thing was the advent of the short frames on G20/21/29/30. That said, even if they had stopped at Gen3/SF, id still have a bunch of glocks. Low TCO, minimal bullshit guns.
I've had more than one pull a walther P22 as we've talked about prior so don't worry I've made up for you.

Currently have:
Stated above a G44 that is dubious whether it counts as ownership because I've had multiple fail on me so far.
One 43X
One G4 G17
One Pistole 80
One G45 MOS
One G19X
One G19 Gen 5
and lastly because I think everybody in Massachusetts has owned one of these at some point a Gen 2 G23.

2, 2.5, 3.

Most come out on range days, but I still keep my holster-worn Gen2 G19 on my hip. People who don't know look down their nose at it.

I have personally put at least 8k rounds through it. I know exactly where the trigger breaks. Fits my hand.

I trust my life with it; it has never failed to go bang when I pull the trigger.

It's backup is a new-framed Gen3 G19 with a ghost connector that Glock refurbed for me. New night sights. Slide refinished as well

Shoots just as well, I just don't like or trust it (yet) quite as much.

If ammo was less scarce, it could be in the rotation, but I'm not shooting to break anything in, just to keep skills less dull.

effing Covid

I really need to address my lack of Glocks (only 3)... I’ll get a 40 and 29 as soon as I can find them... did I say that MA sucks... all the Glock I have came with me to MA... never found a good way to buy them here...

Back
Top Bottom