• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What gun have you wanted for a long time but just won't spend the money on?

BONESTOCK

NES Member
I have wanted a Springfield Socom 16 for the longest damn time but I know it just won't get used enough and it's one that I just can't spend the money on.

I have lots of guns I don't use much and have spent good money on but for some reason,
this is the one I just can't seem to do.

Ranted to my friend last night for at least 15mins abt how I've always wanted a nice Garand but they are stupid money. Given what it is, I'd only want to buy 1, and that 1 should be of good quality. Well... service and special grade ones are stupid money and I can't justify it to just throw it in the safe and never use it. I actually enjoyed shooting my buddy's Garand (the guy I was bitching to), and he sold his for 1200 a couple years ago. Anyway... no Garand for me.

I have wanted a Springfield Socom 16 for the longest damn time but I know it just won't get used enough and it's one that I just can't spend the money on.

I have lots of guns I don't use much and have spent good money on but for some reason,
fun gun buy it. :)

Ranted to my friend last night for at least 15mins abt how I've always wanted a nice Garand but they are stupid money. Given what it is, I'd only want to buy 1, and that 1 should be of good quality. Well... service and special grade ones are stupid money and I can't justify it to just throw it in the safe and never use it. I actually enjoyed shooting my buddy's Garand (the guy I was bitching to), and he sold his for 1200 a couple years ago. Anyway... no Garand for me.
Nice choice
I've been looking at those for years also.

same. especially since i finished my AR10, i ask myself, do i need another .308

A Lahti.

Lahti_L-35-1.jpg

Prob a chromed DE .50. Gun's too much money for me, plus the dies, brass, etc.

SVT 40- too much for what is basically a junky Soviet blaster. I have always had a thing for them though.

Whitney Wolverine- too much for what is basically a stylish plinker

LmpwZw

One of the first gun shows I went to after moving here in 1991, there was a Barrett for sale for $2,995.00 (or so). Don't think it was mag-fed, but it was still a Barrett. And somewhat affordable. Just not to me at that time.

[sad]
Yup. The cost to feed it ain’t cheap either.

"There are a few things that I regret buying. There are many things that I regret not buying."
-my buddy, Steve

As time has passed, he's been proven more and more correct.

Last couple of things that I got, just becasue: PPK/s, and a Contender. The Contender, I'd wanted that since ca. 1974

Back
Top Bottom