• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What happened to Comm2A Amazon link?

I just logged in on my smile account and Mass Comm 2a is showing. Did not buy anything, so not sure if it is working, but it is there.

Bernie

Smile gives 1/10th the amount that going through shop.comm2a.org will give. I just bookmark it and click the bookmark whenever I want it, even just to browse.

They can't post the link on their website due to terms of use I believe.

Spent 10 minutes looking for it all over their site and couldn't find it.
Google: Comm2A Amazon link.
Poof...magic happens and the link appears.

I just posted the link on the NRA thread. I found it using Google.

look harder.

Useless answer. Look harder where? I couldn't find it anywhere on Comm2A's website either. The "search" box on Comm2A's website *also* didn't help.

shop.comm2a.org

Better answer.

But really, "HOW TO GIVE US MONEY" should be right on the website, front and center. It should be so easy to find the link nobody ever has to ask this question.

Just now I was updating my wife's bookmarks on her new computer and it was hard to find the right link. That's bad.

Useless answer. Look harder where? I couldn't find it anywhere on Comm2A's website either. The "search" box on Comm2A's website *also* didn't help.

Better answer.

But really, "HOW TO GIVE US MONEY" should be right on the website, front and center. It should be so easy to find the link nobody ever has to ask this question.

Just now I was updating my wife's bookmarks on her new computer and it was hard to find the right link. That's bad.

Amazon would cut us off if we labeled a link like that as "HOW TO GIVE US MONEY". Take care in the assumptions one makes, we have policies to follow.

Amazon would cut us off if we labeled a link like that as "HOW TO GIVE US MONEY". Take care in the assumptions one makes, we have policies to follow.

Does that mean you're not allowed to put a link to "shop.comm2a.org" on your web page with the word "amazon" near it?

I couldn't even find that.

Does that mean you're not allowed to put a link to "shop.comm2a.org" on your web page with the word "amazon" near it?

I couldn't even find that.
It means there are a bunch of rules we need to adhere to. We already have had issues and have made modifications to come into compliance with what they want. We used to have a link on our website...

A donation to Comm2a was due from me.

I am not on the monthly plan so I went to their website to donate.

It was for the mags I sold on NES last month.

Is there a way one could verify they are getting proper "credit" or points applied to Comm2A when making a purchase?

Is there a way one could verify they are getting proper "credit" or points applied to Comm2A when making a purchase?
No. People misunderstand this program. It's a marketing referral. As a consumer, it should be transparent to you. And that's one of the reasons we've run into problems.

The other problem with the associates program is that it cannibalizes donation. People think that their on-line purchases are genderating donations to Comm2A. They don't. There's a commission, which is nice, but then people don't contribute to and join Comm2A.

Just used it to buy a few of the Celestron Spotting Scopes for me and my buddy. The scopes are listed in the 'deals and steals' thread today and appear as though they're going to be well worth the money.

I just noticed in Comm2a's update email "expulsion from Amazon's affiliate program".

I seemed to have missed this earlier? I knew the link couldn't be promoted, but I didn't know that it stopped working? I've been using my bookmark. Is it correct that this now does nothing? If so I will start using smile for some charity or another affiliate link. Does smile work, even though it's much worse than affiliate links?

I suspect most on NES don't know about a change?

If this anything in this post should not be public for some reason, please let me know without quoting and I'll edit it out.

Back
Top Bottom