What Happened To GO-NH ????

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
As many of you know already, I moved from Mass to NH late last Summer.
I figured that since I live here now, I should throw my support to the home team, so in November I finally got around to sending in my membership application with a check to GO-NH.
They cashed my check in mid-December, but I'm still waiting for my membership card.
I've emailed them to inquire about this, but haven't received any reply at all. [thinking]

Is GO-NH still in operation ???

There hasn't even been any new posts in their section here on NES in over two years.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/forums/59-GONH-New-Hampshire

Anyone know what's up with them ????

BTW, even though I don't reside in Mass anymore, I also sent a check to renew my GOAL membership on the same day. (new card arrived within two weeks)
Although I no longer felt obligated to stay with GOAL, I've been a member since 1984 and it's something I didn't want to give up on.

I just wish GO-NH was as on-the-ball as GOAL is. [sad2]

Don't be too hard on them. I believe they are al volunteers. Being on the inside of WDL, I know first hand how slow membership cards can go out. We are still trying to get caught up ourselves.

It took a couple of months to get my card...along with a handwritten note of gratitude. Every once in a while I get an email, but they're certainly not as active as GOAL.

Zappa... if you only suppport on gun right group in NH, it should be NHFC.

GONH is a far second, but still a cause worth supporting if you can afford to support two groups (I decided to only send money to my first preference).

Do not touch PGNH with a flagpole - they are doing more harm than good.

I can back this all up, but am in a hurry now so you are getting the Cliffs Notes version.

I wonder why they don't have a page here on NES in the State Firearm Associations section ????
I would think that this is certainly the right high profile place for them to hang their shingle.

Because in most cases it was "us" who asked Derek to create those sub-forums, not the orgs themselves.

So if someone wants to start it, ping Derek and ask for the forum to be created, then post something there to get it started.

Check out NHFC as well. I like their aggression.

This!

GONH is a far second, but still a cause worth supporting if you can afford to support two groups (I decided to only send money to my first preference).

I can back this all up, but am in a hurry now so you are getting the Cliffs Notes version.

And this!!

Don't forget Packing NH.

+1

I donated to them.. they share quite a bit of leadership with NHFC, which is a great thing in my book. They were very good about showing how the money was used, and all the uses were ones I was darn happy with. Next time, we need much more fundraising to support them - a little bit of money goes a long way in the right hands.

Update:

Over two months now since they cashed my check and I still haven't heard squat from them about my membership.
No replies from my emails to them either.

[sad2]

Update:

Over two months now since they cashed my check and I still haven't heard squat from them about my membership.

[sad2]

I'm surprised. They're usually slow, but they processed my renewal reasonably quickly this time. Probably less than 3 weeks check to renewal card. I was ready for a much longer wait.

Maybe they save them up and do them in batches. Not the most efficient, but volunteer-staffed organizations tend to be slow.

Update:

Five weeks since my last post, still nothing from GONH.

Wasn't this the group that was at the Concord gun show this past spring hawking $20 memberships? I took one of their pamphlets. It seems they were affiliated somehow with the NRA.

Update:

[sad2]
I had the same experience. It's been close to a year. I still don't have my card nor have I ever received a response to emails.

Have you tried calling? (603) 225-GONH

If that doesn't work, the president's direct email is published on the website. If all else fails, go to the top.

Have you tried calling? (603) 225-GONH

I did this shortly after reading your post, and surprise surprise, I got a phone call from them yesterday, only 13 months after sending them a check.
They apologized for the problem, but can't seem to find any record of my application or payment, but said they'd investigate and get back to me.

Seems astute to me.

NHFC will be mailing out our members a renewal form this week. If you are not a member and would like to be, here is a link: http://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/join-nhfc/ There are a lot of anti-gun bills to fight in Concord.

FWIW, Anti-Gun Chris Christie is running and we know the real truth on his stance on protecting the rights of the gun owners and we will do our best to publish our findings.
Here is more of what we found after the first alert:
http://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/2015/12/news/more-on-the-christi-anti-gun-record/

Back
Top Bottom