What happened to Its Time?????

Apparently it's never going to be time, until whatever super secret project they're working on is ready for the peons to fawn over. Just be patient, the next 42 gun laws enacted in the meantime won't be that bad.

There, I said it. Don't shoot the messenger.

Cape Cod - It's Time was there.
Worcester - It was time yet again
Fall River - In the house
Springfield - There again

Four days of leave to attend - are you willing to give up almost a weeks pay to the effort?

Yes, I did miss the last meeting.
Should I have made the time to go? Yes
Was I discouraged by the lack of action in the community? More than discouraged. You are not the only one to comment on what is being done with what appears to be little or no attempt to actually do any more than bitch about what others did not achieve.

Oh, and except for Fall River each of those meetings meant at least an hour drive (at 14mpg) and 5+ hours sitting around waiting to testify.

Apparently it's never going to be time, until whatever super secret project they're working on is ready for the peons to fawn over. Just be patient, the next 42 gun laws enacted in the meantime won't be that bad.

There, I said it. Don't shoot the messenger.

i don't see you helping HKD.

The thing the bugs me the most about the critics is, they have once again sat back and looked to a "group" to do the leg work. It's time is not an advocacy group, a lobby group, or any other "voice" for gun owners.

The entire idea behind this was to help other gun owners be their OWN activist. If one person goes down to life, someone else steps in to be the activist. I,we, shouldn't have to give people verbal cues every time something needs to be done.

We gave a class back in June, were you there? Did you take any of the info on our site or the goal site and go stand on a street corner and hand them out or try to educate people on the fence. It's time only works if a majority of the gun community are involved. If you or anyone else expects me and the three or four other people to do the entire brunt of work, well, then we will surely continue to disappoint.

A perfect example was the work deb did in her town, well, former town now! Lucky duck, anyways. She told me that what we started and the ideas we championed from that very first meeting back in January is exactly what helped inspire and motivate her to get involved and stop the insane bylaws proposed in Westford. They even went so far to help remove the batshit crazy selectmen who wanted the new laws.

That's the fundamental purpose of its time.

You need to want to be a part of change. That's the message here folks. We aren't here to do that for you. This is real. We don't want phony outrage or half hearted activists.

Cape Cod - It's Time was there.
Worcester - It was time yet again
Fall River - In the house
Springfield - There again

Four days of leave to attend - are you willing to give up almost a weeks pay to the effort?

Yes, I did miss the last meeting.
Should I have made the time to go? Yes
Was I discouraged by the lack of action in the community? More than discouraged. You are not the only one to comment on what is being done with what appears to be little or no attempt to actually do any more than bitch about what others did not achieve.

Oh, and except for Fall River each of those meetings meant at least an hour drive (at 14mpg) and 5+ hours sitting around waiting to testify.

Nobody is faulting you or anyone else. However, nobody KNEW "IT'S TIME 2A" was in attendance. Perhaps that would be a good panel group to speak in Boston. What do you think?

The thing the bugs me the most about the critics is, they have once again sat back and looked to a "group" to do the leg work. It's time is not an advocacy group, a lobby group, or any other "voice" for gun owners.

The entire idea behind this was to help other gun owners be their OWN activist. If one person goes down to life, someone else steps in to be the activist. I,we, shouldn't have to give people verbal cues every time something needs to be done.

We gave a class back in June, were you there? Did you take any of the info on our site or the goal site and go stand on a street corner and hand them out or try to educate people on the fence. It's time only works if a majority of the gun community are involved. If you or anyone else expects me and the three or four other people to do the entire brunt of work, well, then we will surely continue to disappoint.

I'm with you. I just haven't heard anything from "IT'S TIME 2A" lately, which is why I asked. I know "Pastera" spoke at least in Worcester, but that was it, and the greater gun owner community has no clue "IT'S TIME 2A" exists, let alone what it is, or what it is about.

I still think we need some way of reaching all the borderline "fudd" gun owners, and the gazillion sportsman's club members. For a while I thought GOAL had a liason, but don't know what happened there. I am certainly trying to get my own club more involved.

You need to want to be a part of change. That's the message here folks. We aren't here to do that for you. This is real. We don't want phony outrage or half hearted activists.

People can't join you if they don't know about you. We have the Big E coming up. Also, the BIG MOE. I am hoping you'd at least have a table at the BIG MOE. Maybe you could get GOAL and the NRA and Comm2A to all split 2 tables 4 ways or something. Would also be a GREAT place for Eddie Eagle. Also, there are a bunch of fairs and festivals coming up in the Fall, and NOW is the time to get the foot in the door. I'd be willing to help.

I attended the It's Time meeting in June a HSC. All of the folks in attendance were basically on the same page - let's all go out into our communities and be ambassadors for the good of all our Rights. There was maybe 25 of us in attendance.

From there I have been speaking to folks in my community, visited my local gun shops & ranges - striking up 2A conversations with owners, patrons, etc. EVERYONE around me is aware of my 2A views, and I have had lively but very educational debates with several anti's. I have contributed to several people, including my wife, in submitting written testimony - at the very least.

There were several It's Time folks that testified in Worcester. I got to speak immediately following the NAACP kids 3rd panel of the day... I spoke about the facts found in the recent CDC study showing that citizens are less likely to be harmed by a criminal when they protect themselves with a gun. Followed it up with voicing my dissent on particulars of Linsky's and Patrick's Bills. I recently attended the Springfield hearing, and will be sure to be at the Boston hearing.

The point is, we need everyone to go out and be their own protector of our Rights. You certainly don't have to be a part of the It's Time 2A group to speak your piece about preserving our Rights. Either way, gun owners just need to be more vocal. I agree, having more of a public presence could help to bring more folks to It's Time, but I'm not going to wait around to see what happens. We have to speak up right now.

Folks, there is just one more hearing... the date is still TBD, but it's in Boston, and will be VERY important to have a good showing of support. Please consider attending the hearing, even testifying if you can. We need all of you to come out and stand together as proud Americans, to hear and be heard, and show our law makers that we are serious in defending our freedoms and liberties. To those that say your words would fall on deaf ears... than you have no idea how inspiring it is to hear your fellow Americans express their 1A Rights (albeit in 3 minutes), and vocally declare their love for Country, Constitution, and defend all of our Rights. Please make the time and effort if you can.

I attended the It's Time meeting in June a HSC. All of the folks in attendance were basically on the same page - let's all go out into our communities and be ambassadors for the good of all our Rights. There was maybe 25 of us in attendance.

From there I have been speaking to folks in my community, visited my local gun shops & ranges - striking up 2A conversations with owners, patrons, etc. EVERYONE around me is aware of my 2A views, and I have had lively but very educational debates with several anti's. I have contributed to several people, including my wife, in submitting written testimony - at the very least.

There were several It's Time folks that testified in Worcester. I got to speak immediately following the NAACP kids 3rd panel of the day... I spoke about the facts found in the recent CDC study showing that citizens are less likely to be harmed by a criminal when they protect themselves with a gun. Followed it up with voicing my dissent on particulars of Linsky's and Patrick's Bills. I recently attended the Springfield hearing, and will be sure to be at the Boston hearing.

The point is, we need everyone to go out and be their own protector of our Rights. You certainly don't have to be a part of the It's Time 2A group to speak your piece about preserving our Rights. Either way, gun owners just need to be more vocal. I agree, having more of a public presence could help to bring more folks to It's Time, but I'm not going to wait around to see what happens. We have to speak up right now.

Folks, there is just one more hearing... the date is still TBD, but it's in Boston, and will be VERY important to have a good showing of support. Please consider attending the hearing, even testifying if you can. We need all of you to come out and stand together as proud Americans, to hear and be heard, and show our law makers that we are serious in defending our freedoms and liberties. To those that say your words would fall on deaf ears... than you have no idea how inspiring it is to hear your fellow Americans express their 1A Rights (albeit in 3 minutes), and vocally declare their love for Country, Constitution, and defend all of our Rights. Please make the time and effort if you can.

This is basically what we've wanted to achieve all along. Take people, give them some tools, and have them go forward and be their own activist. Well said.

We really need to stay on this, to some level. What we really REALLY need are to have people at the ready, who can speak to the press on all the Sunday TV shows, and Sunday paper articles. If you make it easy (do their job) for the press, they will run it.

What shows are you going on?

I'm not good at that stuff (too nasally sounding on a microphone, and not as up on every quick response, but OK when given more time to research).

What I'm saying is that our side needs to find and put forward good public speakers. Or were you kidding? I do my stuff in other ways, like contacting legislators and other local things, plus WOT, 1st Shots, club 2A stuff.

The MSM won't allow it. That's where social media and sites like Youtube can get the truth out to the people

If you do the heavy lifting, and half their job for them, they will do it. Make it so they can just turn it around and have something to put in an article or show without any work or thinking required of them. They are human, after all.

Really, I think this defeatist attitude is part of the problem.

What I'm saying is that our side needs to find and put forward good public speakers. Or were you kidding? I do my stuff in other ways, like contacting legislators and other local things, plus WOT, 1st Shots, club 2A stuff.

We do have that. They're called GOAL, Comm2A, NRA, etc.

It'sTime fills (filled?) more the role of getting the average schmuck like me out to attend rallies when we need to show big head counts or inundate an elected official with mail.

IMHO, every one of us should every day be "fighting the good fight" on social media and with our friends in person to counteract the stupid talking points of anti-rights campaigners. That's why I'm still on FB and still engage when a relative posts something from Mom's Demand Attention and I'm willing to take friends to the range.

We do have that. They're called GOAL, Comm2A, NRA, etc.

So, in that case, should we look for them on TV today?

It'sTime fills (filled?) more the role of getting the average schmuck like me out to attend rallies when we need to show big head counts or inundate an elected official with mail.

I think we need something like this more than ever right now. What I really think we need is some organization (not AN organization, just to get organized somehow), to be ready when a sudden hearing is called, or a press conference is thrown together. The fact that we're even discussing it here is a start. Hopefully others will join in.

IMHO, every one of us should every day be "fighting the good fight" on social media and with our friends in person to counteract the stupid talking points of anti-rights campaigners. That's why I'm still on FB and still engage when a relative posts something from Mom's Demand Attention and I'm willing to take friends to the range.

This 100%!

HERE is the post I was thinking about, where we should stay ahead of the other side:

new MA pro-gun laws, and supporting rally

Wouldn't it be nice if we could be the other side to the punch some day? We've had some positive election results the last year. How do we convert this to something good for our side? Nay-sayers and negative nannies need not respond.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom