What happened to Its Time?????

So playing the part of die hard patriot took a back seat the second things "got busy"? Interesting. Well at least now that you have time you can all sit in your living room drawing up plans like some DnD tournament. Until baseball season starts up again then things might need to be put on hold. [laugh]

Fake patriots. This is why I never took you seriously even in the beginning.

While you're printing up fliers and organizing unarmed protests, I will be training for the "go time" that doesn't involve a snack platter.

I had never given a neg rep to anyone ever, you are my FIRST, baby.

So playing the part of die hard patriot took a back seat the second things "got busy"? Interesting. Well at least now that you have time you can all sit in your living room drawing up plans like some DnD tournament. Until baseball season starts up again then things might need to be put on hold. [laugh]

Fake patriots. This is why I never took you seriously even in the beginning.

While you're printing up fliers and organizing unarmed protests, I will be training for the "go time" that doesn't involve a snack platter.

LOmutha****ingL! There is just too much comedy here, fake patriot, training for go time, you're too funny.

Btw, the SR556, LoL at carrier tilt.

^^ Yep, wicked LOL. The SR556 looks good in the catalog, that's about it. [laugh]
He probably just wanted to look cool. What's a good firearm username? Let's see Ruger uhhh, OH! What's this black POS on page 6?! [rofl]

I'd prefer you didn't, only because I posted this thread for people who want to stay active and get involved. I don't need or want it delving into some shit show and having the mods get pissed and locking it. I almost bought into the game, but edited my post.

Yup, sorry. Had to get it out. I seriously doubt anyone else will say something like that. This is important for MA, very important.

Last edited:

[laugh] ok ok ok, guys, as much as the comedy is good, I reaaaaaaallly don't want the mods to lock this action.

Speaking to coordination and things I have discussed with Penny, we need some more folks who can work with us on the local level to be watchdogs of all the slimey gun grabbers, and to notify us of stuff going on in the towns around MA.

Any takers?

[laugh] ok ok ok, guys, as much as the comedy is good, I reaaaaaaallly don't want the mods to lock this action.

Speaking to coordination and things I have discussed with Penny, we need some more folks who can work with us on the local level to be watchdogs of all the slimey gun grabbers, and to notify us of stuff going on in the towns around MA.

Any takers?

Roger that. Um, I always have Tapatalk rolling at work and usually I'm on throughout the day and night from 6am-11pm, so I can keep an eye on NES for any thing that pops up. I could do my area as well (North Shore, Everett/Malden/Melrose) I wish I could say I had more time. [wink]

Any takers?

Will there be snack platters?

Roger that. Um, I always have Tapatalk rolling at work and usually I'm on throughout the day and night from 6am-11pm, so I can keep an eye on NES for any thing that pops up. I could do my area as well (North Shore, Everett/Malden/Melrose) I wish I could say I had more time. [wink]

I want to add a page to the site for information submission, that way when people find stuff, they can add it to that particular page. In the meantime, email it to [email protected]

- - - Updated - - -

Will there be snack platters?

Cheese and crackers only. Gubberment cheese.

LOL the response in this thread and notifications has been hilarious. Seems "keyboard commando" is a popular comment. I guess the only thing worse than a so called keyboard commando is some overweight, middle aged guys sitting in HKdrummers living room while his wife brings your guys chips and dip, while you plot out your weak propaganda campaign.

Go ahead and plan more unarmed protests because an armed one would make us "look bad" LOL.

Those of you asking what I have done, I have sent letters and gotten the typical "I don't give a **** about you or your rights" automated response. Nobody is listening.

If you guys were more aggressive (ie. armed protests) I would jump right in, but right now your campaign isn't very serious, and is honestly quite embarrassing.

LOL the response in this thread and notifications has been hilarious. Seems "keyboard commando" is a popular comment. I guess the only thing worse than a so called keyboard commando is some overweight, middle aged guys sitting in HKdrummers living room while his wife brings your guys chips and dip, while you plot out your weak propaganda campaign.

Go ahead and plan more unarmed protests because an armed one would make us "look bad" LOL.

Those of you asking what I have done, I have sent letters and gotten the typical "I don't give a **** about you or your rights" automated response. Nobody is listening.

If you guys were more aggressive (ie. armed protests) I would jump right in, but right now your campaign isn't very serious, and is honestly quite embarrassing.

Organize an armed protest, I'll show up. Otherwise, I will just sit here and eat snack platters while you make yourself look foolish.

By all means Mr.Adams lead the way, armed to the teeth, lets see the bravado in real life.

That's what I thought.

If you're cool with either a) being gunned down or b) getting locked up for the foreseeable future, have at it. In the meantime ill stick to trying to do my part the way I see fit.

Last edited:

And in the meantime, you'll go back to playing CoD in your parents' basement.

Anyway, HK and edmorseIII, if you guys are setting up a planning session that includes snack platters (and preferably beer) I'm in.

Last edited:
why do you think what he (HK) is doing is a bad thing? or maybe "bad" isn't the right word--but unnecessary, or the "wrong" thing. what would you change if you were in his shoes?

i'm genuinely curious. i'd say HK is committed to this as he's invested a lot of his own time and money in this and as i know him personally can vouch that he's not just some "keyboard commando".

This. I'm trying. I've spent a lot of time and money as well as those aligned with me and this is pretty insulting, mainly because so far no constructive criticism has come forth, just name calling and general idiocy. I don't expect everyone to agree with what we're trying to do but we're trying and until you tough guys are runnin the streets with an AR slung over your shoulders save it.

The folks at GOAL seem to appreciate our attempts, so what does that say? Should people be laughing and pointing at them as well?

Up until three months ago, I hadn't done anything more than vote, sorry if my groups attempt at activism pales in comparison to some romantic vision of some modern day Jonathan Parker you all seem to be waiting for.

regardless of what people think should or shouldn't be done, or what is or isn't the best course of action to try to fix our current situation. Shame on anybody who thinks doing anything is worse than doing nothing. The people who shit on the people ACTUALLY HITTING THE STREET are they keyboard commandos who have no place in this conversation. YOU WROTE LETTERS AND GOT AUTO RESPONSES? awesome thanks for your efforts and I really mean that if thats what you want to do keep doing it. if you don't think what other people are trying to do is for you... then STFU and mind your own business! you arn't helping your negative energy is just slowing down any forward progress these good people are trying to make.

HK and all the people involved with ItsTime2A.org are good people doing the best they can to do a job NOBODY ELSE WANTED TO DO! For an organization that is so young but backed by GOAL I think that should tell you something. Clearly more people than not have faith they are doing the right thing.

end of rant

again, what would YOU be doing? you're sitting here shitting on something you know nothing about as you joined this month, have posted three times, and one is this blatant troll shitpost.

good going. way to stick together as a community.
you guys think everybody who is " New" here is really new here. same as you think the number of green boxes under your screen name means Jack in the real world. funny. you should get out more

I'll be at the rally on April 3rd - and I'm planning to make the April 19th one in Lexington too.

HKDrummer is right - there are all sorts of things out there that we have to contend with besides just the struggle to retain our rights. I have a job, up until a month ago - we were taking care of a dying pet, I have a house under the construction and I am the foreman, carpenter, brick layer, excavation guy, plumber, etc. I've been trying to sell some of my collection to fun other firearm purchases, the economy is crapping out and I've been trying to stay on top of that and adjust my investments, all three of our cars have issues - and one of them is actually dead in the driveway right now waiting for me to find the time to fix it.

At any particular time any one of these things can take precedence over the other. I sort of suspected that you guys would quickly find where your wall was seeing how you came out of the gate fast and hard. The real thing that needs to be done here is to not let this die - but keep working on it and moving it forward - or rolling the effort in with other organizations so that we don't just end up with a cat herd going on, which accomplishes nothing.

A friend forwarded this to me the other day - it's definitely worth spending the hour or so to listen to the interview and REALLY listen to what they are saying about how to reach people and get the message across:

Last edited by a moderator:
and if that part doesn't include snack platters, so help me God...

If there are tasty crab cakes on the menu I am definitely in.

7107_16_9.jpg

This. I'm trying. I've spent a lot of time and money as well as those aligned with me and this is pretty insulting, mainly because so far no constructive criticism has come forth, just name calling and general idiocy. I don't expect everyone to agree with what we're trying to do but we're trying and until you tough guys are runnin the streets with an AR slung over your shoulders save it.

The folks at GOAL seem to appreciate our attempts, so what does that say? Should people be laughing and pointing at them as well?

Up until three months ago, I hadn't done anything more than vote, sorry if my groups attempt at activism pales in comparison to some romantic vision of some modern day Jonathan Parker you all seem to be waiting for.

You're trying something new. It takes a while to get the lay of the land. If you stick with it - you will get better over time. I can't put my finger on exactly why - but there seems to be a lot of people in the world whose main purpose in life appears to be to act like a douchebag. Part of being in an advocacy position is going to be learning how to deal with the d-bags. Listen to that Youtube interview I posted above - both of the guys in that discussion talk about how often you get attacked as a public figure. It's just part of the game.

Maybe this story will help show that douchebaggery appears everywhere. Back in 2003 the wife and I decided that we were going to add onto the house. The plan was to rip the roof off our ranch - and add a second floor as well as change the architecture to more of a Cape type style. We planned everything out. I drew up plans - ran the cost estimates, accumulated all the tools I thought I would need - etc. Once everything came together - the plan was to take a couple of weeks vacation and do the work starting in late May. I had 3 people lined up to help me with the initial construction - but this was pretty much all on me. I drew the plans, I got all the materials - and I got the permit from the town to do the work.

A number of my friends at work knew I was going to be doing this and we used to talk about it at lunch time. Well one day - just a few days before I was scheduled to go out on vacation and start the work - one of the field engineers who ate lunch at the same table occasionally was there. One of my friends casually asked if I was ready to go and we talked about it for a minute or two. Then the field engineer guy piped in - "what are you working on". I gave the rundown - how we were ripping the roof off the house - adding a second floor - all of that. He started talking about how he had done a similar thing a couple of years before, gotten a contractor in and so forth. He asked me who I had doing the work. I told him that I was doing the work myself along with some friends and family helping.

His response was " You can't do that". And he meant it. He never really explained why exactly he thought that - but he was serious. I told him: " well - I've got a pile of lumber in my front yard, a permit in hand - and 3 people showing up Saturday morning to chainsaw the roof off the house - so it appears that I am actually doing it".

He just sort of got pissed and walked away.

I didn't see him again until I cam back into work a couple of weeks later.

Then a couple of days after I got back we were eating lunch in the cafe again - and he came over. He asked - sort of snarkily - how things were going. I told him that the main structure was up and framed in. I needed to finish off some roof framing (it was a complex design with dormers and peaks and valleys and so forth) - and then do the roof and start installing all the windows. He just sort of got all pissy and tried to change the conversation - and as I remember he never really came to eat with us ever again.

Some people just have issues. For some screwed up reason the simple fact that I could do this work on my own was interpreted by him as some sort of attack against his manhood or some crap like that. I don't really know what his problem was - all I know was that what I was doing just bugged the living shit out of him. I think he expected to hear when I got back about how much of a disaster the whole thing had turned into - when he didn't hear that story - it just pissed him off more.

I've run into this with people over and over again in my life. If it's not "you can't build your own house" - then it's " you can't own a gun", - or " you can't restore a car on your own, rebuild an engine on your own, paint a car on your own," ..... etc.

My guess is that you're going to run across an awful lot of this type of behavior now that you have decided to travel this road you are on.

Sometimes you just have to learn how to tell people to STFU. And there's ways to do it that make the other person look like a complete jackass and you come out looking good - even though you are insulting the crap out of the other person.

Watch, Listen, and learn. And don't be afraid to tell somebody they're full of crap and would benefit themselves by just keeping their pie-hole shut.

I thinks it sucks that It's Time is not a bunch of rich housewives operating out of a $50 Million grant from Mike Bloomberg and that you don't have your domestic help writing lots of angry letters for you and your friends.

I think you should all marry a millionaire hedge fund guy and get the Koch's to give you $100 Million so you can spend 100% of your time advocating on my behalf so I can stay in the basement emailing Atila and marcus constantly because my plates and carriers haven't arrived yet.

/sarcasm

Thanks for all your efforts. It's appreciated.

Wow I am really disappointed. Disappointed that there are folks here dumping on the efforts made by good people like Tynan, Deb, and to some extent even myself.

I just left GOAL today a certified NRA instructor filled with enthusiasm. I was excited, because I have added another way to spread good information and introduce new people to firearms.

Point being, not everyone can do everything. The most important thing you can do is SOMETHING! All I ask is that we at least treat one another as a community and with respect. Do not let our opposition divide and conquer so easily.

I want anyone who is concerned with the efforts being made by us to email or call me personally. I would like to speak with you in a rational manner to hammer out some constructive ideas we can build off of.

My email is:
[email protected]

Phone:
978-979-9581

Back
Top Bottom