• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What have you seen lately?

For those that pass through Lynn, in Wyoma Sq. there is a microwave tower on the roof of Hughes Real Estate. There's a pair of Bald Eagles that has nested inside that tower. The nest is hard to see as it is inside the set of antennas. If you stop at the lights in any direction, keep an eye out on the antenna, they come and go frequently.

If you have some time to kill, stop into the Lazy Dog pub and grab a beer while you stare out the front window and await a show. There is a large parking lot out back of the pub.

Late to the thread on this (you know…by two years…) and a little hard to see…but on the subject of foxes we had a family of eight of them living next door to us. They were there for one spring and didn’t come back.

They didn’t seem to mind at all being watched from the fence. It was most pleasant to watch.

678DCA66-0C36-4B4F-A510-FCB1AC71DE2D.jpeg

For those that pass through Lynn, in Wyoma Sq. there is a microwave tower on the roof of Hughes Real Estate. There's a pair of Bald Eagles that has nested inside that tower. The nest is hard to see as it is inside the set of antennas. If you stop at the lights in any direction, keep an eye out on the antenna, they come and go frequently.

If you have some time to kill, stop into the Lazy Dog pub and grab a beer while you stare out the front window and await a show. There is a large parking lot out back of the pub.

Damn. I was just up at a client that lives above Euclid. Probably could have seen it with bino's.

Wife got pix of the owlets in Wrentham the other day. They are all over FB but cool to see. They're in a heron rookery so you get those things prehistorically crawing at you as well. And we saw the eagles 2 Saturday's ago at the lake. Well, one. From a decent distance.

Today a red fox walked down my street with a squirrel in its mouth around 930AM.
Talking with my neighbor right after it went by, seems the count is now 2 rabbits, and 3 squirrels this Spring. No way to tell if it’s the same fox but they have not been going hungry.

Wow that's a healthy looking bear. Must be good biscuits

Ya that guy didn't get any biscuits... 🤣🤣🤣

I found out that Green Tag in his ear was from the CT Fish and Wildlife...

He was a "problem Bear", it was caught in CT somewhere and was relocated to NW CT...
Somehow that Big Guy made it from NW CT to my house that is near Northampton MA!!!
That was one heck of a trip he made...

The bottom photo is a different Bear...
One year we had four moms and they each had 3 to 4 babies each...
That was a hard year to work outside... :oops:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom