• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What have you seen lately?

Out of curiosity, does one need a permit of some kind to trap a squirrel in an old fish tank using the stick-with-a-string-tied-to-it method? [smile]

Last edited:
Ya that guy didn't get any biscuits... 🤣🤣🤣

I found out that Green Tag in his ear was from the CT Fish and Wildlife...

He was a "problem Bear", it was caught in CT somewhere and was relocated to NW CT...
Somehow that Big Guy made it from NW CT to my house that is near Northampton MA!!!
That was one heck of a trip he made...

The bottom photo is a different Bear...
One year we had four moms and they each had 3 to 4 babies each...
That was a hard year to work outside... :oops:

Horny bears. There was that one that swam over the CCC and wandered out to the beaches a few years ago. Then wandered back to north-central mASS. All in one season. I guess he heard there were fat hairy chicks at the beaches of Cape Cod. LOL

Somewhere in North Carolina…
A black squirrel.
View attachment 609843
View attachment 609841

Second class squirrelzen. LOL. They are so cool to see.

Hotel California? Wait. Wrong Eagles. ;)

The lake is STOCKED with heron. It's that time of year when you're just past bass spawn and "bream" spawn is going on. Ergo, the heron from all over fish in the grassy shores all around teh lake. We caught a few this weekend. But the coolest was watching one heron stare at a bass for about 3 minutes then SNATCH him out of hte water. FREAKING 12-14oz bass. It was flopping like crazy. I'm not sure the heron could swallow it.

Fishing is easy now. Find a not-so-windy shore and work the grass lines. Worms or Ned rig if they want vertical presentation. Spinners or chatters if they want horizontal.

Screenshot_20220601-154338_Gallery.jpg
Headed out to do some scouting and set up a trail cam and came upon this. Took five or so minutes to convince the goof that the water just down the embankment was better than the road

Oh and Sat AM, at hte lake to go fishing. I pull up and momma and daddy goose are there with 5 goslings, SHITTING UP MY LAWN! Barrier is up on the ramp and everything. ????

I wander over to shoo them away - TWO OTHER FAMILIES ARE UP CRAPPING ON MY LAWN!!!!

Dammitall! Came back from fishing on Sunday to them still on my lawn. Chased them off then as well. I need to go find that sprinkler thing I bought several years ago.

The neighborhood Tom is taunting me
View attachment 622555
I swear wildlife gets a copy of the hunting season dates. I spent close to an hour in an area yesterday looking for a spot for a trail camera. No scent control, had a Thermacell going. Within hours there was a deer hanging out in the area, even walked up to the camera for not just a front pic, but turned to get its good side 🤣

A few weeks ago we were at Disney waiting for the shuttle bus to take us back to the hotel and this crow starts absolutely destroying a smaller bird right in front of us in the parking lot. Holding it down with its feet and just tearing it apart with its beak. Eventually the bird died or gave up and the crow flew off with it.

Today I'm siting in the house working and in the backyard I see a crow murdering a chipmunk. The chipmunk was too slow and the crow too big, so it kept grabbing it, pecking it and smashing it to death. Eventually the chipmunk died or gave up and the crow flew off carrying it by the tail.

I had never seen a crow hunt and kill like that and now I've seen it twice in a month, in two different states. Is this the start of some new crow uprising or have they always been killers?

A few weeks ago we were at Disney waiting for the shuttle bus to take us back to the hotel and this crow starts absolutely destroying a smaller bird right in front of us in the parking lot. Holding it down with its feet and just tearing it apart with its beak. Eventually the bird died or gave up and the crow flew off with it.

Today I'm siting in the house working and in the backyard I see a crow murdering a chipmunk. The chipmunk was too slow and the crow too big, so it kept grabbing it, pecking it and smashing it to death. Eventually the chipmunk died or gave up and the crow flew off carrying it by the tail.

I had never seen a crow hunt and kill like that and now I've seen it twice in a month, in two different states. Is this the start of some new crow uprising or have they always been killers?
It's crovid!!

Back
Top Bottom