• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is it? Hydraulic Single Stage Press? Any Ideas?

Found this gem for sale. It's too far for me to go grab it, but I message the seller to hopefully explain wtf it's used for.
He is selling the press with a motor and hydraulic pump. I can see the arm has an attachment on the end (where the die would normally be). I just can't wrap my head around the use. Especially where the press is still a manual operation.
Screenshot_20211109-134019_OfferUp.jpg Screenshot_20211109-134015_OfferUp.jpg

I will gander the hydraulic press is a poormans swager set up?
Or someone needed a arbor press for something and did their best with whats around .
The red one looks like a typical MEC 600 for shotshell

I will gander the hydraulic press is a poormans swager set up?
Or someone needed a arbor press for something and did their best with whats around .
The red one looks like a typical MEC 600 for shotshell
I was thinking the same thing but it doesn’t appear to be right. The hydraulic would be on the bottom right? Dies up top.
Wonder what he was doing with it.

The ram rusted and seized up, he had a ton of miscellaneous junk parts just lying around anyway, and he is an NES level skinflint, so he converted the press to an overly complicated bullet puller.

He actually responded! And I am now left with more question than answers.

By the description he has left, maybe a power bullet seater? If the ram is left down. Haha. Am patiently waiting for more pitchers.

Screenshot_20211109-202006_OfferUp.jpg

I've never found reloading to be difficult enough to think about needing hydraulics, unless he had it rigged off of a foot switch or something to free up his hands? That I could see, but it would be slower to cycle than just yanking the lever.

I've never found reloading to be difficult enough to think about needing hydraulics, unless he had it rigged off of a foot switch or something to free up his hands? That I could see, but it would be slower to cycle than just yanking the lever.
It does come with a foot switch!

It does come with a foot switch!
Yea see that makes sense because you could cycle the presses hands free, would be slower to actually cycle but u really need that so it isn't a finger chopper. I rigged up a pneumatic wire terminal crimper at work with a foot control for doing small gm/delphi terminals and let me tell you it definitely helps with extremely repetitive single crimps, but it closes quick because it's pneumatic and I've definitely chopped some skin with it getting out of sync with it and hitting the foot switch when I wasn't quite ready.

Back
Top Bottom