• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is the min firearm length for assault rifles?

It can. But the unlisted 2 are pistol grip and removable mag, which I think is assumed when someone asks about an "assault rifle" or EBR. So if the OP has those 2, he can't have any of the other 3.

So, if I buy a post ban lower, who makes an upper that doesn't have a flash suppressor on it?

So, if I buy a post ban lower, who makes an upper that doesn't have a flash suppressor on it?

I can't name any of the large manufacturers who doesn't make a "post ban" upper or will give you an option to do so. You just need to inform them or make the appropriate selections on their web sites. By the by, also no lug. Just a question: Why buy piecemeal if your not doing a from the ground up custom build? Parting out a rifle is more expensive then getting it complete unless you need to spread the cost out overtime.

I can't name any of the large manufacturers who doesn't make a "post ban" upper or will give you an option to do so. You just need to inform them or make the appropriate selections on their web sites. By the by, also no lug. Just a question: Why buy piecemeal if your not doing a from the ground up custom build? Parting out a rifle is more expensive then getting it complete unless you need to spread the cost out overtime.

Depends on how you are building out the rifle. May not be the case now, but at least pre-obama it -was- cheaper to build it out on your own than it was to buy a complete rifle- mainly because you're essentially only paying federal excise tax on the lower half of the rifle.

IMO the only reason "self builds" sometimes cost more than production rifles is because people probably figure "aw what the hell, I'll buy
this extra doodad" or they'll buy some parts that are a step up from the norm. You can build an AR for cheap money if you are willing to use olympic-arms grade parts. [laugh]

-Mike

Just a question: Why buy piecemeal if your not doing a from the ground up custom build? Parting out a rifle is more expensive then getting it complete unless you need to spread the cost out overtime.

I picked up a complete M&P lower with stock and parts kit for $225. I figured I would grab a Stag upper for about $550 and be into it for about $800. To buy a complete M&P is around $1,200.

Back
Top Bottom